Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New minimal

LazyBoy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
LazyBoy polycounter lvl 18
hey people whats cracking

Only just discovered this forum seems pretty good and really active.

I have been messing atound with 3ds max for just over a year and a half now and have been trying to create animations when i can get the chance.

Bin aiming to work on my modelling/animation skills as this seems to interest me the most

As with alot of people I'm job seeking as well and am jjust looking to start with something small then build on that experience then work my way up from that I had a design show a few days back and it flopped misbearly.

Practically no employers came to even view our work so we were left out in the cold.

Anywya enough about my life story apparently this is supposed to be the palce where you put your work up.

Just gonna put a few renders up of my work so far The two images of a a samurai and an enviornment. The samurai is my first humaniod character model that i have made while the environment is the first major scene that i have really created.

got a very long way to go to being any good the skinning around the shoulders needs tweaking and the sword is not very good but i feel as long as i get some sort of feedback on my pieces then i will know a good direction into which i should take my skill

assignmentpicure023kw.th.jpg

Replies

• rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hey man did you forget the other image? I can only see the environment.

I think its pretty cool, nice lighting. my only thought would be to add some more shadow around the feet of the table, as it looks like it's hovering to me. just some subtle darkening close in towards the feet. Look forward to seeing the samourai!
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    well welcome to the community--for starters how about an image about twice that size so we can see what's going on? even if it's minimal it's hard to get a sense of the work with that small of a shot. post more! smile.gif
  • LazyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sorry about the small pictures

i will try and work on it.

here's the man and i will post a woman i created ber in mind these are my first humanoid character models so.....thats my excuse ;( [image]testpic014zv.th.jpg[/image]

[image]samuairadudelatest4jb.th.jpg[/image]

[image]womanfinal0vl.th.jpg[/image]

yeh if you click on the picutres they should become bigger
  • sye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sye polycounter lvl 18
    the scene with the samurai and the girl has a nice warmth to it due to the blur,, i also like the lighting and shadows there..

as you said in the first place they do need fixing up..

you have two rooms there,, but i was thinking that.. well if u have time,, create the whole building with different rooms,, and have a training area like the one in tekken four in the honmaru..

heres some honmaru castles u can look at.. hope u find them useful.. wink.gif

13-10-nijo-honmaru.jpg

honmaru-20020219.jpg

once youve done the honmaru castle completely,, if u feel uve gained enough knowledge.. give yourself more of a challenge.. create an environment outside the honmaru..

1702-honmaru.jpg

i went on a bit of a fantasy trip there.. but if u got time give it a shot.. i'd like to see how you can evolve as a 3d artist.. wink.gif
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Etienne polycounter lvl 18
    Japanese would not use korean in the pannels in the back of the room. They layout is a off also.

Just my 2cents

Etienne
  • LazyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for your comments Etienne greatly appreciated. I will try to improve my work in that deapartment. I am beginning to understand that sloppy things like that are what sometimes detract from work being good or bad.

Er Sye you got some great ideas i can see from your last post.I like those pics you put up especially the one of the forset enviornment that could give me a good idea as to how to do a forest scene i have been stufying woodland terrain for a few months to try and see how i can replicate that mystique that some forests have when your in them.

Also it's a good wway for me to see how the lighting should be replicated as i feel lighting these types of scenes will be a challenge.

Anyway enough babble both your points have been taken on board and duly noted cheers.