A couple shots of my latest model, he's at 996 polys all crits welcome,
996polys.jpgwolfie.jpg
thanks, todd

Replies

• DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
    neck is too long. Front leg "shoulders" way too big. And the body itself isn't "tall" enough...it needs to be thciker
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    How realistic, or Stylized do you want this to be? As it is, it has some proportion problems if it is realistic.

Scott
  • todman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    todman polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, he's supposed to be kind of realistic. I followed closely to another model I saw online that looked right proportionally. I also realized his front legs were too far apart. I kinda want him with the big shoulders because that's what the client wants. Do his legs need to be longer?
  • JKim3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKim3 polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, it would be better to follow a pic of an actual wolf as ref instead of another person's interpretation of a real wolf. It's like a copy of a copy of an original. You'll get that person's errors, while maybe adding some of your own. Best thing to do would really be to strangle a wolf, stuff it in a simple pose, and then scan it into one of those 3D scanners. Heh, but then, not everyone has access to a 3D scanner.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Do you need Wolf Reference? Give me a couple of days and i will see what I can pull together.

Scott