Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

concept donation thread

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
g_hack.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
For the love of all that is holy, do not create a space marine. Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

he isn't supposed to be a space marine i was just kidding. i was going for a futuristic government feild hacker but, it could be a fat space marine. so what do you think? is he worth developing further?

i created this concept for Rick_Stirling's cocnept request in this general topic thread: here

Replies

• flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    give his outfit some more flair (god i hate that word).
    i like the idea of a fat futuristic space nerd .. erh.. ahem.. hacker laugh.gif
    looks like someone who would keep his uniform clean, even if he doesnt care about his physical appearance (add some more wires and I/O port kind of things on him).
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Where's his blood tap thingie? I thought all Harkonnen have one of these?
  • PeteJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeteJ polycounter lvl 18
    wheres it say he's harkonnen? and thats was just the movie :P
    nice fat weird guy killing laugh.gif
  • cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, more Flair, For seriously.

flair.JPG
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    in the GD thread i was going to suggest that someone start a thread like this but i see you have done so already! you're a clever chappy, i'm going to draw something and post it here.

perhaps it will be rick flair related. doubtful, but we should always remain hopeful about such things.

also: i am digging what you are dishing, keeelleeeng. he does need 'a little stronger sauce', but i really like where he is so far. keep pushing him smile.gif
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    It could be Rick with Flair.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    g_hack05a.jpg

g_hack05b.jpg

the end of the world at the stroke of a key.

gauss and snowfly are intimidating my every stroke! who knows who else is lurking out there for rick's heart. here's where i'm at.

some more painting, more flair and all that and color and i'm done. i'll wait until after the vote if i'm picked for a turn around.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    oh killing, how right you were to wonder what others might be concocting! i started at around 11:00 or so, and got a good start... and kept rendering, and kept rendering... now Rick, i'd just like to point out for the record that this character does not sport any armor.. but the variant(s) do smile.gif and what might those gromits on the boots be for, anyhow? what is this government courier character all about? and why is she so sexy? AND WHERE IS THE RICK FLAIR?

stirling_courier1.jpg
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    f'n lovely gauss! love those boots and sleeves. i didn't know you could do sexy outside the bedroom. blush.gif
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    omfg, I want to model them all
    NOW
    b1ll
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    thanks kill--forgot to say that yours is no slouch--i'm impressed that the expressiveness of the hands works with or without the holoscreen in front of him. speaking of which, is that holoscreen showing one of the metroid prime maps, or is that just a coincidence? smile.gif the 'painterly' quality you bring to your concepts is something i've been working on personally.

even though the courier one i just posted is a little more japanese-inflected, this piece was me really trying to push consistency and even tones in the rendering. variations may be forthcoming rather soon.. if my arm stops hurting from last night's marathon drawing session smile.gif
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    work in progress on the armored variation of the courier. though this depicts the same character, i think i'll do a uniform variation that depicts a different looking girl, different hairstyle etc... we'll see smile.gif

stirling_courier_armor1.jpg
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *carl voice* oh hey, her legs look awkwoid to me, mr. food monsta, and i'm think'n a "clamp" or bolt 'n washa' arrangement for 'da leg arma' and those rubber wings 'dere. but dat's jus me. now, eh, hows bout you get outta my fricken pool now!
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like everything folks!

The rawness/lossness and greenness of the first fat marine was much nicer to me that the refined version. I liked the pockets on it too, and the fact that he was big but beefy (face/jaw).

Its a shame the armoured version of the messenger loses some of the great uniform
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    kill: tell carl he's actually got some pretty good ideas for the armor, and that i'm glad i posted a WIP. smile.gif

rick: yes, the uniform version is by far the preferable design, now i'm just playing around with different options. will post more later.
  • Renaud Galand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Renaud Galand polycounter lvl 19
    oh god, the last one ! Gauss, plz do the orthos, and it will my next freetime model tongue.gif
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    gauss: she NEEDS a courier bag!

and maybe an old school machine gun inside..
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey folks, I don't want this to die as I do actually have some free time.

I'll be modelling the bulk in Silo, then Mapping in Max, texturing in Photoshop, Rigging in Max, and detailing in Zbrush.