Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

abyss demon- RTS style-

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MasteroftheFork polycounter lvl 18
So i decided i wanted to do a low poly demon for some rts type game. It's at 434 tris and uses 3x256 textures-diffuse, specular, and alpha. Here it is with 100% luminessence. I also did a walk render- if anyone knows where I can host a free avi, that would be great. as always C&C is welcome

abyss_demon.jpg

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    This is really well done. I'd be willing to host that movie for you if you're interested. Let me know.

Again, great job.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    I like the design of the demon but there's a huge amount of wasted space on the texture map. Also, I see you planned on using alpha transparencies in some spots but you didn't post a pic of the model with those areas being transparent.
  • Option
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Option polycounter lvl 18
    Good PC for an RTS type creature, maybe implement as a custom model into Warcraft 3 (its been done many times) as your own little guy?
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Thats a fairly sizable texture for an RTS unit. With a bit of careful rearrangment and a bit of sharpening on your texture, you could probably get away with half of that if not less.
  • MasteroftheFork
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MasteroftheFork polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the offer Adam but I was looking for a site that i could regularily upload movies onto. Zippyvideoes.com seems good. Ya, I knew there was alot of wasted texture space but I couldn't get it to fit better. The reason I didn't show the alphas in use because I can't get alphas to work properly in the viewports of my, theres reverse depth or something. It is kind of weird how I made such a low poly count but used that large of a texture I know, but its just for fun and I felt like seeing how well i could define it using mostly the texture.

Ok so heres my walking test, just know that I'm a pretty new to animating.
    http://www.zippyvideos.com/49304880403405.html