polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Enix polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hehe reminds me of the ol quake rottweilers.
    Your uvs could probably be more efficient though, I think the texture should be less blurry even for a 256
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    ill take 3 <3

looking good buddy smile.gif like rooster said, could be a little sharper, but its still wip, so we'll see as time goes on smile.gif
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    woof, woof!

Nice to see something that isn't an anime dude. The eyes seem to be too close together though.
  • Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    All fixed, cant really see it, but this is a teaser pic i did for the mod:

doggyteaser3qg.jpg

some people said it was too dark, if you cant see it click here for a brighter version:

http://img270.echo.cx/img270/3484/doggyteaser17rp.jpg

Look at the little guys play ^_^.
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    It's still WAY too dark.
  • Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Well, it is supposed to be pretty dark. Only to where you can see the important things going on tongue.gif.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Some anatomy issues I quickly noticed:
    snout at eyes comes to too harsh of an angle, could be a bit more round.
    back of the head should come back a little further, for the skull shape. Neck will have to go back a bit as well to match.
    the base of the neck is too thin, lower legs are too thick
    lower rip cave is too thin, your texture even gives this away.
    top of the back, above the back legs needs to come up and round a bit more
    Dogs usually have 4 toes and a dewclaw, you have 3 and a dewclaw.

UVs really should be revisited. You've wasted almost half of the texture (all that black space), and then wasted half of it again by not mirroring effectively. If you're not interested in all that mirroring, at LEAST make your ears and head UVs the same size.

As for your crazy dark picture, put it in photoshop, and Image > Adjustments > Auto Contrast, and it'll be visible.

I don't mean to sound too harsh, but I think this needs a lot of work. Also, not seeing any wires I wonder how your mesh will deform.
  • Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    I always take critisism positivly, unless ofcourse its outragous. But I see what you mean, its honestly my first dog model and i made alot of mistakes tongue.gif. But looking at my first ref,all i could see was 3 frown.gif, i thought maybe dobys where different :P. http://img288.echo.cx/img288/7885/mcereberus14bo.jpg.

Here are some wires:

doggywires1zb.jpg

I will just put the 4th toe on the skin, it should look ok. I cant believe i made such a big mistake XD. oh well...

And I wanted there to be almost no stomach, after the ripcage, like he was starved to death. I gotta move the ribcage over towards the head some more :S. Thanks for the crits, hope ya got some more for the wires ^_^.
  • DjGasta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DjGasta polycounter lvl 18
    That dog looks really cool to animate. I have done alot of dog animations. This cute puppy has alot of personality. Is this the dog from resident Evil??
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    The toes are too poly dense compared with the rest of your model. Probably better to round them off and get ride of all that toe detail that's wrong in the first place.
    I'd also adjust the legs for a more natural bone structure, and deformation. Maybe this picure will help show what I mean:

http://www.dogchaser.ru/img/dog_run.gif
  • Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Ahhh, that helps alot, thanks. I wasn't sure which way there joints went :S.

I cut some polys, edited the paws abit and added claws:

doggyrender2ru.jpg

Polycount is now 820 smile.gif. I will add some more slices so it can deform more smoothly.