Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

More of the same

KDR_11k
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
Just making a separate thread for her since I don't want to clutter up the WIP thread.

helena-beauty.jpg

helena-detailT.gif helena-gunT.gif

4360 for the girl, 568 for the gun. Only the eye texture is done, the rest is object colors and some hair alpha I had lying around.

The concept was this:

Helena.jpg

The holster will be added later (together with the revolver), the thing on her chest was removed.

Guess I should have used more anatomy refs but meh.

I'm trying to animate her right now to use her as a placeholder in a programming exercise (simple top-down shooter

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Her breasts are waaay to big and 'saggy'. Face looks definitly a lot better now, but she needs a better hair stylist tongue.gif

About the body anatomy, I think it is mostly due to the way to big breast, but the torso seems to be a bit short. The legs could be a bit thinner, and the transition between the hip and the legs is also shaped somehow oddly.

Cool weapon design though.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking at a few refs the torso is too short because everything below the ribcage is too short... I was hoping to keep the huge breasts and thighs, they make the character look heavier, not those stickgirls I usually model tongue.gif. Found a ref of a body-building woman so I'll tweak the anatomy around the hips a bit.

Does the hair comment refer to the texture or the mesh (or both)?
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    helena-render1.jpg

Worked on the lower body and unsagged the boobs a bit, the eyes now use the floating alpha pupil approach meaning she can look around now.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torso and hip looks a lot better now. But eventhough you tried to fix the "saggyness" it now looks a bit too far pushed up.
    Actually if you want to keep the big breast what about changing the design to a 'not two seperated breast' concept? Your concept kinda looks like that too.

Concerning the haircut... well I was simply referring to the fact that the haircut looks like 'selfmade by a 3 year old" tongue.gif

Last but not least, the gap between her legs seems to be a bit broad.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    I like the lower slung, heavy looking breast myself, now they look fake. She seems a little short to me, but then all my guys have legs like skyscrapers...
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    helena-render2.jpg

Minor update. She's now got the Uniboob(TM) and the eyes can close.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep it is getting to a point where it looks quite good (looking forward to what you come up with the hair).

Maybe a small redesign of the feet would make it look even better, right now the shape looks a bit like grannys anno1900 shoes. I guess a broader shoe brine is what she needs.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JK: I hope you had to look "shoe brine" up, because I sure did!

I've decided to remodel the hair, the current one was supposed to look mostly like the temporary one but more regular.

Three sketches so far, I'll make more tomorrow because it's rather late now:

hairsketch0.jpg
    hairsketch1.jpg
    hairsketch2.jpg

I like the first one (actually drawn last) out of that bunch the most but I'm not sure if it fits a girl.
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    I also like the first one. The second one hugs her head too much. Makes it look like a hair helmet. The third one is close, but also has some of the same problems of the second one.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    JK: I hope you had to look "shoe brine" up, because I sure did!

I've decided to remodel the hair, the current one was supposed to look mostly like the temporary one but more regular.

[/ QUOTE ]

Google translator wink.gif Usually I just try to explain words I don't know with others, but I couldn't think of a good way to describe that.

I also like the first hair concept. Maybe a bit more volume will make it look more woman like? But I doubt that anybody will mistake that model for a male laugh.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hairsketch3.jpghairsketch4.jpghairsketch5.jpghairsketch6.jpg

Four more. The first one out of that batch is the old style.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    newhair.jpg

Modeled the first hair concept. Altered the face a bit so now she can look cute or serious, depending on her "mood" (i.e. facial expression).
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That facial expression looks great, but the hair looks a bit 'Günter Netzer' back in '72 or something like that tongue.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What I'm currently thinking about the hair is that it looks like a beret from the front, maybe I should give her one.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not sure if it will mix well with the rest of the model. If you do a cameo/military kind of skin it might work.

Actually just try it, maybe a "UNO blue helmet" kind of color theme would work great.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    I'd just break up the front peice and let a few strans seperate and sag down so it's less of a singular mass. the texture would help too.