Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Small environment : Park :)

Por@szek
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Por@szek polycounter lvl 18
Hi all.
Strange I could promise that I create this thread... I don't know what happend.. Strange.
Anyway today i start small environment to create few props. Here is the fountain but also will bench, street lamp and some refuse dump.
Fountain have 1250 tri + 512x512 +256x256 (water) with bump and spec.
Enjoy :
3.jpg
and wire
2.jpg
C&C are very welcome.

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I like it, although the water seems a little to ripply. Especially to have no water crashing at the edges.
    The lily pads look really good though.
  • Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi all.

Few hours of hard working, and I have a little progress in the scene. And traditionally problem with lights ... some advices??

notman - I correct water, I think now looks better.

Here comes an ... update smile.gif :

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg

Its always nice to see some C&C.
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    I think the textures needs more dirt, it just looks too "clean" :P

I like what you have done so far, just not keen on the 8 sided bin. If it really has to be that low poly then try to disguise it a bit smile.gif
  • HumbleEgo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HumbleEgo polycounter lvl 18
    Cool models. My critique would be the textures. For me personally, they lack diversity in value, color and texture. At angles where they overlap, they seems to blend into one mass of similar grainy brownish grey.

I really like how you've dirtied they up but it's too even to me. For example the bench legs have dirt and rust evenly distributed, but in life those things collect in the nooks and crannies, such as where the legs and seat meet, where the legs touch the ground.

Good stuff though. Keep it going.
  • Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I forgot add the wireframe ...

nealb4me - this one about the dirt that was a joke?? The textures are not to dirted? About the bin ... its a polisz bin smile.gif Original on shape and dirt:).

HumbleEgo - I can only thx for that reply, it was very helpfull, I try fix that.

Here are forgotten wires :

1_.jpg

2_.jpg

3_.jpg
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I was joking. I knew you were gonna say that about the bin!
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    We were looking at your site the other day, and were very impressed. Really nice work.

I have one question. The curve of the bin: why do you have more curvature detal on the inside of the bin than the outside?
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I agree about colour variation, everything looks too samey. what about some residual paint colour coming through on the lamppost, and on the iron parts of the bench? stuff like that.

on the models they all look nicely done to me, and I have personally seen bins shaped something like that. I agree with rick though, do you need such shape definition on the inside for something so dark and hard to see?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I'd say pay attention to where you're spending your polys. The planks of wood that make of the bunch would of been 2 or 3 planes with a texture that has an alpha. You'd save a ton of polys that way. (Same goes for the wrought iron on the sides).

The lamp post is uber-high poly, especially the rod that extrudes from the base - no need for it to be anything more than 4 sides.

The textures look like you used the same overlays for all. The wood doesn't really look like wood to me - but looks like it was made out of whatever the garbage/ash tray was made from.
  • Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi there.
    Another update, not especially huge, i concentrate on lights and water. Tomorrow probably I will add more props.

nealb4me - laugh.gif

Rick_Stirling - thanks man. I'm glad You like it. About the curve of the bin .. Like I told nealb4me, from that time I don't change the answer smile.gif Anyway If it looks so bad, I change the this object.

rooster - thanks for the crit, i change the iron parts of the bench, but I'll change more in this textures after setup the lights, so after this update should be more variation in the textures.

AdamBrome - hmm I fix the lamp, but reduce polies in the planks ... I don't think this idea is good, to put this on the texture, but thanks. And wood, You have right, but its a bump, I must change it.

An update :

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the benches are blending in far too much with the ground. A lighter wood colour would work well with less noise and more in the way of stains. Something like this:

http://www.slvoimageserver.com/34313/1605_1.jpg

For some reason aswell I would like to see a half eaten fish and chips pack lying on one of the benches. All crunched up and messy with a few scattered chips. Of course that is entirely up to you.
  • Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, slowly but it goes forward. I just start job hunting, so updates could be not so often but I'll finish it:).

nealb4me - thanks man for the support. Your opinion is really helpfull. I correct few things, and few things are still to correct like fountain perhaps. I'm still working on it:)

Enjoy :

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

C&C are very welcome smile.gif
  • Echelon-IV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Echelon-IV polycounter lvl 18
    Wow I like! smile.gif great job!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    That's a LOT better smile.gif
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    the only problem i see is that there is too much dirt , and that tires the eyes a bit mate, try toning down a bit wink.gif