Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

DDO stuff

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
A bunch of screenshots have been added to the gallery. I did a bunch of random city assets including some lamps and the bridges, random items and instruments npcs are holding and some other stuffs. I also did a large amount of the set decorations for the bluish colored dungeons. The sarcophogi and statues and things. The zombie is my work as well as the effects work for the blue specter dude. Fun to have some of my work start showing up on our page=)

Gallery

and a teaser trailer
http://www.ddo.com/index.php?page_id=66&...isplay_item]=56

Replies

• Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    nice! did you work on this? and if so will you post the bits you worked on?
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    I've been waiting for this one for a while now. Wonderful work to you and the team. Everything looks to be shaping up quite nicely.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heh. yeah, i went over a lot of the stuff i had done for the shots, just not speciffics, ghost. Read my post? =)) I worked on the blue dude, and i did the zombie. I did the giant skull decoration, all the sarcaphagi that scatter around the place, some wall carvings, the drum the npc is playing in town, the giant bridge with that arc on it in the city, blahblah blah rock treesblahblahblah. hehe. I move between the teams a lot. character/particles/level stuff.
  • _Shimmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    wow, nice stuff here. It looks pretty good for a MMORPG. I liked the vibrant environments and all.

Can you maybe pass us some portfolios of the other atrists too? I kinda liked the character work, the faces have some Bobo the seal touch (though i dont think he was contracted by you) and i am curious who worked on this one too. Maybe another Polycounter?

anyway, cool work
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    If I'm not mistaken Mop and Dave King as well as various other polycounters have done outsource work on this title.

Looking cool stuffoo. My only complaint, and this isn't for the artists necessarily, is that the textures are painted as if the engine were much more reliant on low poly models and very little in engine shading, but the engine seems very capable. It looks like it might look better if they had less lighting in the texture, and were more just material description in the texture, and the engine did more of the lighting info. Right now you can see the conflicting lighting between texture and engine. Not a biggie, just an observation.

The zombie is particularly pimpin.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mmm. Chris Amaral worked on most of those faces. I did a few.

Wallychairmover works on environment for us--he was a pcer for a while. I dont know if he still posts. Maybe as Maginnis?

Rallyrays works on dungeon space assets for us.

99% sure no one else from our team posts--Muttonhed on concept art is one of our concept artists here.

I dont know rally/muttonheds address. www.fiddlegarden.com is wally's page.

Mop is doing some, yeah, and Dave is doing a large amount of work for us. I dont know of any other pcers who we outsource to, though. Say hi if you are working on our stuff? =)

Pooples: We actually only normal map dungeon space items. We paint characters without them. So really not a whole lot of choice there. There are certain situations where this conflicts, but you do what you godd do, right? The zombies are total chumps in the demo. heh. They get owned by traps if you do the level right. You should go play it if you are at E3! gogogogogo! I wanna hear what you think.=)
  • Renaud Galand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Renaud Galand polycounter lvl 19
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *high five* renaud. ^_^ You should pm me! I wanna know what stuff came in from you! (please private message, that, though.)
  • _Shimmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    hmm so this is a Liquid project...:) Wow nice work guys. I think i gonna join the Lquid bandwagon. muahahahahhahaah world domination.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No? It's a turbine project. They're doing some stuff for us, though. I dont work at liquid, I work for Turbine. =))
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Nice stuff Joe. Everything seems to be shaping up nicely... I managed to avoid crunch time by going on holiday :P

Keep up the good work my man.

Oh, did you listen to Biffy Clyro yet?