Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Skinning a player :/

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
BackSlash polycounter lvl 18
I do not have a great amount of experience with player texturing, with that said this is one of my first attemps. I am "somewhat" happy with the result of the camo pants but, some of the other aspect bug me. Could you guys dissolve this and help me out?

player_flats.jpg

Sorry I can't show the model, for it is not mine.

Replies

• nkoste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nkoste polycounter lvl 18
    Are you sure cant show the model as long as you give credit to the model's author? I really helps to view the skin on the model.

It's look like a good start but you could have some more variation in the creases on the pants. They all look very much the same. For the T-shirt or arms I'd say watch your dark colors. You'll rarely get almost black shadows on a white material. It reflects and absorbs too much light for that. Also you've mirrored the arms so you have two exact same copies which is a shame since you have the opportunity to make variations here. You could have different kinds of blood spatter, different creases or holes on each arm.

nice work
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    I would probably suggest mirroring your uvs, as you are doing it in your texture (ie the pants, and the white sleeve section). If you find yourself copying a section of texture, and flipping it in the diffuse map...stop and go into your 3d program and do it there, or make sure that you vary your flipped part of texture enough that it makes it worth it in the diffuse map,as you could utilize that space for something else. I've just seen this done alot, and wanted to put in my two cents.

Spark