Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Rylene

Dio
Dio
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Dio polycounter lvl 18
Constructed for UT2k4. As she is now shes at 4076 polys with 1 1024 body map and 1 512 face map. Im tired of her but Ill return to tweak her in the coming weeks and would appreciate some crits for that time.

Ryl.jpg

I took down the textures cause Ive rearranged the UV's since then.

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    That's not supposed to be anywhere near realistic, right? And she's supposed to look like a monkey, right (reduce the jaw and move the area under her mouth back to make her look more human)?

No matter what, the shoulders are too far outwards, the upper torso area is strange (remember, the breasts expad outwards as well, pointing them straight forward usually messes up the torso structure as well), the hands are too tiny and the arms too thin. The hair strucure is incorrect, the hair on the ponytail should follow the shape instead of going into some arbitrary direction. I'll leave the waist up to you considering it's possible to archieve such a shape with corsets in real life (that causes severe internal damage, though).

Where's the face on that texture? I can't see it.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    It's the 2nd texture map KDR. Right above your post. Not quite sure how you missed it actually. It's quite distinctive.
  • Dio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dio polycounter lvl 18
    Daz, KDR didnt miss it. I neglected to post it originally then edited in when he mentioned it. I did however state that the face was on a seperate map.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    mhh I don't think using texture baking as a final rendering is the best way to do...
    you may want to tweak it a lot in order to get a cleaner texture., I usually just use this as a base to work on, not as a final result.
  • Dio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dio polycounter lvl 18
    Im previewing not pimping. Fishing for outside eyes. I didnt post the face originally but then KDR mentioned it so I posted it.
  • Father_Brandon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Father_Brandon polycounter lvl 18
    I would also do something about her legs, they look a little noodlish in that stance.
  • ScreaminBubba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScreaminBubba polycounter lvl 18
    The hair is much larger than the eye, it probably could use more uv space for its detail.

The skull belt is small geometry but large uv space. I'd shrink the uv's to make room for other object's detail.

The face looks very symmetrical, but it's uv's are not. You could either paint more non-symmetrical face detail or get more uv space by overlapping her face uv's symmetrically.

Anatomy has already been mentioned, so I won't go there.

There is alot of extra geometry detail in places that don't need it. Save your extra detail for areas that bend and crease alot in animation.

I think this is a good start and base to work from, it just needs some refinement in a few areas.

Keep crankin bud.
  • Dio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dio polycounter lvl 18
    Shes at 3882 polys now. Heres alittle side by side of the first posts condition and the current state.
    SidebySide.jpg
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I'd shape the hands more like a relaxed hand, that'll animate better. Try to relax your hand and look at it. The thumb should oppose the palm and the fingers are slightly bent. Since hands are usually closed or relaxed, that'll make a good pose for animation. When the hand is flat you have to bend the thumb a lot to make it look normal, that'll probably cause deformation. Also, the palm should face the body, that's the relaxed state and the way the hand will be most of the time.

The legs should be rotated outwards a bit, try drawing a naked body over that and you'll see the legs are too far apart on her hips. Make them much closer, humans stand with their legs moved a bit outwards anyway.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    cool its definately looking better mate, my thoughts are the fingers could be a little longer or maybe actually the palm is a bit short, and the shading on her face texture could be a lot smoother and more subtle. Perhaps a bit o' coloured eyeshadow too?

like the concept, keep it up
  • Dio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dio polycounter lvl 18
    Heres the latest. Was reshaping the bell of the jacket a bad idea? Thought it would help define the postion of the hips. Shes 3746 polys atm.
    Newest.jpg

By the way how does one make thumbnails in this forum?
  • motives