Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female character model (nudity)

KevinCoyle
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
KevinCoyle polycounter lvl 18
I'm working on a new high poly character for my demo reel. I'm trying to nail down the anatomy as best I can and wanted to get some feedback on what I have so far. She will have some clothing on when she's finished so I'm leaving out some of the detail in those areas.

There are some areas I haven't gotten to or haven't refined yet. The arms still need work, as do the hands. Plus she has no ankles, but other then that, let me know what you think.

Lyanna1.jpg
Lyanna1wire.jpg

concept painting (not finished)
Liana.jpg

Replies

• Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    "concept painting (not finished)"

Usually the concept comes before the model ;-) Sorry to be a flippant bastard. I guess doing it your way round doesn't stop you fleshing out her body shape.

It looks like a good start. The breasts feel ( ooer ) sorta lumpy. If she did a self examination I'd be concerned if i were her. It might be because you have a few triangles in there. Try and define things with more quads, and it'll smooth better.
    There's something strange about the pubic bone area. It's a bit flat or something. I'd have to see it from other angle. And the feet look rather large?
    What made you choose that as a default pose by the way? You might find her proportions easier to read and judge If her arms were 45 degrees down, and her feet closer together.
  • -=Warhead=-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    -=Warhead=- polycounter lvl 18
    nice concept it almost looks real.. and the toes though.. some of them look bigger then the others lol.. like the pinky toe is almost as big as the big toe laugh.gif.. arms look a little to long but it might be because of the angel.. other wise its a really good model nice job man.

also the thighs could be a little smaller for a woman laugh.gif
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    ye the feet are large, the heel bone should be more backwards..
    the problem lies in the chaff bones that should angle more inwards. look for some reference
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    The crits are pretty good, here's one I recently learned that might help. Make the crotch area a "U" shape, but still a "V" at the very end.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    the underlying mesh (lowpoly) is very boxy, you have to sculpt your shapes a little better to get a more natural look, overall not a terribly bad start, but the legs have a long way to go, and I'm personally not a huge fan of the T pose, arms at 45 degrees would be better (as well as having the feet together like daz suggested), and don't make the limbs so completely straight, give them some room to extend in either direction, making it look more relaxed would make it alot more natural and convincing (plus theres also animation concearns) look up some reference and try to really push your verts to represent the anatomy as best as possible.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    first of all, study this...
    http://www.pdh-odp.co.uk/images/ribcage.JPG
    this may also help
    http://biology.clc.uc.edu/graphics/bio105/dbf%20female%20ribs%20600.jpg

she needs hips. study the pelvic girdle and the landmark of the ASIS. feet too large with no arch. bring small toe back. the area just below the patella should not bulge like that. the tibialis anterior rounds out the lateral portion of the shin, while the calves shape the back. use reference.
  • KevinCoyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KevinCoyle polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the feedback guys. So far I've fixed the pose, (legs closer together, arms at 45 degree angle, elbows bent slightly), and I've gone back to working on the areas you pointed out. I'm working on this character among other things for school, it's a pretty hectic quarter since I'm graduating in a few weeks but hopefully I'll have some updates soon.