Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Shameless website pimp.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
palm polycounter lvl 18
Hello.
Just spent a couple of days getting a new site up.
http://come.to/palmery
Im planning to reg another url, I hate those nasy popups.

Love to get some critt.

/Palm

Replies

• Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    Im useing firefox , and nothing happens , i think its the popup problem.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I can't get past the splash screen either...
  • palm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm polycounter lvl 18
    Can't you enter the site at all?.:/

Anyways. If you dont want the popups use this link.
    http://www.hd.chalmers.se/~palm/
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    still popups on that too , but i configued Firefox to let em through , trouble is , not everyone is gona be bothered to do it.

the work there is lovely tho, really nice stuff.
    i like the female serial killer type smile.gif
  • palm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks Thermidor.
    I installed firefox myself to have a look. nothing works as it supose to..:/ Damn all these different browsers.=)
    Gotta do something about it. Not sure what though.:/
    /Palm
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    just go for plain simple HTML? no scripting or popups ect. you can still make a nice looking site , too.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    Ye doesn't work on my firefox either,
    I think it's just the auti pop up blocking.
    IE notifies me of the blocked pop up and when disabled it works fine.

Good shit man, I like the site graphics..
    You should deffinately work on getting your heads in prespective. Most of the painty character stuff are very nice but fall short there in relation to other aspects..

Peronsally I dont think "shaded" renders are good, they take away the work you put into your skins. I'd go for self illumination, but hey..

anyways good job, keep posting
  • Vince
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vince polycounter lvl 18
    The site looks great!!
    Great content as well. Your artwork is really amazing.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Site is easy to navigate and loads quickly. You get an "A."

Great content. I dig your work.
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    very cool content dude
    no likey pop up sites
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
  • X-Convict
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    X-Convict polycounter lvl 18
    nice, love the site and you've got some great work smile.gif
  • palm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm polycounter lvl 18
    Hi guys.. Thanks for the comments.

Shotgun. I usually add like 40-50% selfilumination so I’m with you to some extents.
    You got a good point though. I’m not too confident on my painted stuff. But I’m working on it whenever I get time. =)

About the popup problem.
    I’m thinking of keeping it as it is. I cannot adjust it for all the different browsers.:/ However, I thank you all for enlighten me of this problem. If I knew about it before I would have design the page in a different way.:/

Next round is on me. Cheers!
    /Palm
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    I'm with shotgun, your 2D stuff lacks something compered to your models (which looks fantastic). Your faces have a lot of character and looks great. Found a tiny little seem on the belt of the biker girl, but that's the only negative thing I have to say about your 3d work.

The page is functional and looks great. Although I'm not a big fan of having the mainpage as a popup. A couple of spelling and grammar errors on the page (old once= old ones, Worked on Eon for a couple of year. = years)

Snyggt jobbat!
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    I really like the look and content of your site!
    But why does the site open in a new window after the splash screen? And why a spash screen at all? It doesn't add anything but a cool image and an extra mouse-click.
    If this site is meant for possible employers then make the path to the content as easy and short as possible.

I like the layout of the site where the menu stays visible at all times. I feel that the content part doesn't use a lot of screen real estate and that the bottom "frame" takes up a lot of space when it doesn't do much besides show a cool background graphic.

I thought the thumbnails for the art are a little bit too small. I always like big thumbnails so that I know up front what the full image will show. Also you might want to show for every model how many polys and the size of the skin(s).

I was browing your site at 1024x768 and the popups with images of the characters didn't fit in my screen completely. However your site itself seems to be optimised for 800x600.
    I would choose 1 resolutions for the optmisation of he whole site. I would go with 1024x768 because I cannot image that people in the graphics/game dev industry work with anything below that.

The image of he girl holding the saw only shows a part of the complete skin. It's a very good model and skin and I would show it all. The layout of the image of the biker chick is very good. It shows the model from more than 1 angle and you can see the whole skin.

The scrollbar on the environments page blends in too much with the background. I almost missed it.
  • palm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm polycounter lvl 18
    Cubic. Thanks. Damn, I should start using spellcheck more often.=)

Ikraan. I changed the thumbs some so its easier to se the pics. I added some textures and wireframes of some of the models. You can find them in the wip section.

I think I’m done with this page for now.=) Better get back doing some fun stuff instead.
    Thanks for all the comments.

Cheers
    /Palm