Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Counter-Strike:Source map de_toxin released

eXpendabLe
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
eXpendabLe polycounter lvl 18
Thanks to Bearkub for uploading to the PC server.

de_toxin_water0007_jpg.jpg

Download here:
Mirror 1

and here:
Mirror 2

Let me know what you guys think about it! Thanks smile.gif

Replies

• gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    download this map and give it a run through with bots, people, you won't be disappointed smile.gif

nice work exp, it's a very nicely polished map. you should be proud of it.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great map! I will be sure to get this one in the rotation this at work for our friday afternoon gaming events. The only suggestion I would make is put install instructions in the readme.txt. Most people that are into custom maps know where the files "should" go but with every experienced player downloading the map there is bound to be 20-30 easily fustrated newbies that can't find the maps folder deep within
    C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\steam_name_here\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps

I would hate to see that hold the map back from spreading like wild fire =)
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats on the final version of this one. =]

If you are a CS:S fan, you should really grab this map.

(shameless plug - this map is currently in rotation at nibbler.fastpc.com The polycount gaming place. hooha.)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a few things to think about for the next map.

- I see in the screen shot and didn't notice until I was running around there is a corner pipe with its lighting origin inside some geometry, what you need to do is place a "info_lighting" near the pipe, and tell the corner pipe get your lighting data from this info_lighting. Or you can just point it to the origin of the straight pipe next to it.
    - Breakable glass, there are alot of windows that are screaming for breakable glass.

Since the map is "released" I wouldn't suggest changing these things, just keep them in mind for the next map =)
  • eXpendabLe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eXpendabLe polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the tips Vig smile.gif

I tried breakable windows in earlier builds of the map only to remove them later when +showbudget showed high swap buffer readings and seemed to affect fps. I should have put them back in the final build to see what real performance hit if any they caused.
  • sumguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sumguy polycounter lvl 18
    super fun,

props
  • flachdrache
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flachdrache polycounter lvl 18
    Looks good - dont know why but some of the decals aint working with my cs-s version (blackframe, plain red bombspot).

placed into steamapps/myusername/counter-strike source/cstrike/maps ?