Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character: Feyholm snail/slugg creature

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Dhin polycounter lvl 18
I know still pretty early in the modeling stage of things, but I just wanted to put it out here any way. Concept for it is here.

Presently it is ~700 triangles. I've been trying to model it with animation issues in mind, so any coments along how to improve the mesh that way would be appeciated.

If you what to know about the story idea for it just let me know.

sluggsolid2er.jpg
sluggwire5qv.jpg

Replies

• Dhin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dhin polycounter lvl 18
    History element for this character - Sluggs and Snails are basically the same creatures except snails have shells. Both are used for war. Though they are fierce and strong, they are terribly slow and most often arrive long after the battle is over. Most fey don't mind missed battels though because most don't really like wars, so often the warring fey groups will decide who wins the battle simply by who's snails and war sluggs show up first. The loser have to go home and try and speed up there snails for next time if they want to win a battle. One group of fey actually enjoys loosing so much that they just got rid of all there snails and instead just to claimed that the snails where still on their way. Large wadgers often ride on the snails and war sluggs now, each side betting on when their beaste will arrive. This has of course lead to even more battles beacuse now battles have become more of a game than a means to solve disputes. Often fey clan leaders will plan together public ways to offend each other in each month or so just so they and have a battle to solve their "disputes". Of course they could just plan races, but that takes the fun out of it.

I know there are quite afew waisted polies on the front there but I was just messing around with that so those wil go away.

> 1400 tri right now, trying to keep it under 1500

slugg9ys.jpg