i want this to be our new pope,
    http://www.haagen-dazs.com/segicd.do?productId=125
    It doesnt need any chocolate sauce.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Its the argument of those who cannot take responsibilty for their words.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. what a bunch of pussies. laugh.gif
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    BS Vermillion. That is used an excuse. The same way Rush would go "What? Im joking around." When confronted. Its the argument of those who cannot take responsibilty for their words.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) John Kerry is a liberal.

2) John Kerry is a Roman Catholic.

3) Since liberals can be Catholics, disliking Catholicism is not caused by liberalism.

4) Since I'm aware of point 3, my comment about liberalism was entirely facetious. Not to mention that, unlike Rush Limbaugh, I voted for John Kerry. You ought to have known this, since we both posted in several election threads.

5) You are taking things way, way too seriously.

6) Have a nice day.

*edit*

Revised into a less ad hominem fashion, in the hopes no one will take a fence.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    verm cant you tell he was just being sarcastic, gosh
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually, I'm just jealous because he's been chatting online with babes all day. Gosh! wink.gif
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    i think we should all love the new pope because he loves napoleon dynamite which is fantastic. "GET YOUR WAFERS TINA" and in response to abortion "thats GROSS"
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I often wonder how big the pope's penis is.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    Look lads, you're all fucking wrong ok?
    You should know by now that noone gets it 'right' until I open my ass and rumble openly for a while; and I ain't done that in this thread so clearly you are all wrong ok?

Now wheres that sarcasm smiley? oh fuck it, I can't find it, you'll have to read between the lines if you haven't all gone blind from this group masturbation session.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Ror, you're so right!
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    OMG! That is blatant sarcasm!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I'm having trouble reading the replies now. Did Ror say something?
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    But there's no smiley - how can you tell?!

*sob*
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I am not being sarcastic poly131.gif

Or maybe I'm being deadly serious. laugh.gif

You just don't know! And you can never know! THE PERFECT CRIME!
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    oh, just fuck off
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    Danr the Catholic church doesn't believe in sex between unmarried couples, contraception promotes this.

So, it's 'still' a non-issue cuz those who follow the teachings of the Chruch don't engage in sex that would require protection from STD's. Besides, the Catholic Chruch asks that their own members follow their rules, not everyone else. There are no Catholic African states that I know of.

-R
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I have to ask, why is it that the church uses the cross, the thing that killed jesus to promote their religion. That has never made any sense to me. I wonder if he would have been impaled if they would have used a long spear as their logo. Nothing says worship here like seeing spikes on a building. Or if it happened now days he would die by injection. So a syringe would be put up in every home.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The death and resurrection of Jesus is the central and most important point of Christianity, so the symbol of that event (and of the persecution of the early church) is used as a reminder of Christ's suffering for humanity.

Incidentally, Christ was sort of impaled by a spear while on the cross; he was stabbed in the side by a Roman soldier named Longinius. This was the basis for id Software's Wolfenstein followup, Spear of Destiny. smile.gif
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have to ask, why is it that the church uses the cross, the thing that killed jesus to promote their religion. That has never made any sense to me. I wonder if he would have been impaled if they would have used a long spear as their logo. Nothing says worship here like seeing spikes on a building. Or if it happened now days he would die by injection. So a syringe would be put up in every home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the cross was already a powerful symbol that showed up in various cultures and religions. It is symbolic of the human body, the vertical torso with outstretched arms. So if the romans chose another means of execution the second most popular christian symbol would be in the limelight nowadays, the jesus fish!
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    it's also about his sacrifice. But buddha could kick jesus's ass any day of the week

Tag team with Buddha and batman vs Jesus and Santa Claus would be a battle to see though
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    lol moz smile.gif

"Batman has JC in a headlock, but JC grabs the rope! OH! Santa with the steel chair when the ref's back is turned!!"

Thegodzero
    Christians identify with the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross. Jesus decided to sacrifice himself of his own free will for the sins of man even though he himself was sinless. Like Neo at the end of The Matrix saga, or Frodo and his burden with the ring. They made a sacrifice for others, it didn't matter that they were not at fault.

The cross serves as a reminder of that sacrifice, and the importance of unconditional love. It was the most selfless act I can think of. The passion of the Christ should be watched with that in mind.

I think it's important to note that Jesus didn't 'want' to die.

It's supposed to be an example of unconditional love (not guilt, that's just a misunderstanding)

-R
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    It's also a symbol of victory. True the cross was used to kill Jesus, but he didn't say dead, and we use the Cross to represent that not even death itself could stop the Lord Jesus Christ.

It would be akin to carrying a bullet you'd been shot with but the doctors dug it out and managed to save your life. You'd probably want to keep it around. (best example I could come up with)
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    2D.200#.jpg

Whoa, he can be REALLY scary...

EDIT: When the board won't take your images, add #.jpg to their filename.
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    John Paul the great was better though.