Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

High-poly Head Study

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
Just something I've been doing in my spare time to hopefully land me a job as a character artist at work.

Shady little sketch of what Im aiming for

headsketch.jpg

and this is where Im at with the high poly version. Im really stuck as to what is making it look funky proportion wise. The side profile and 3/4 view are rading as being off to me but I can't place my finger on what the problem areas are exactly.

zbrushhead.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated as I would like ot have this completed as soon as. smile.gif

Replies

• Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    The front view is too wide, and the nose too narrow. The side is too wide. Thats a vast distance there between ear and front of face. How about this?

fc.jpg
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    Listen to daz,
    He has better english (and mad skillz).
    Though, bear in mind, he Has shown suspcious obssession for peter brosnen on numerous occaions, some bordering a fetish!

zbopy.jpg
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks guys... that seems to have done the trick - I bow down to your anatomical knowledge smile.gif

Shotty - Im still not sure I understand all those lines on your paintover though!!!

Here's where its at now. Hopefully fixed the proportional issues and tweaked the 3/4 and profile views. I thinks Ill smooth out that bulge where his eyebrow ridge meets the side of the skull, and looking at it now, I'll smooth out the dent between his "jowel" muscle and under eye/ cheek muscle bulge which is looking too prominent in the bottom shots.

updated.jpg

Anything else I should take a look at before giving the details the once over and then going in for some fine detail joy?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think you need to go over it and just smooth the entire thing out, it looks really rough and overdetailed right now...