Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New Portfolio Pimp

Peaceful Warrior
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Peaceful Warrior polycounter lvl 18
Hey, just wanted to pimp my new portfolio. The site itself has some flow issues right now, but I plan to fix them eventually. Like you have to click each number to see any given image. There are a few other quirky things right now, but I had to get it done so I could start looking for a job as I was recently laid off.

Also If anyone could point me towards some really good tutorials for textureing I would really appreciate it, as I have to learn to texture by wednsday for an interview. I gotta do it gorilla style, as I really have no experience. I also plan to jump right in and do a charachter as I know this is what they really want to see. So I really need to learn the whole gammit of UVW unwraping and the digital painting side. I have max and Maya, and photoshop. Any help would be appreciated. thnx

porftfolio/resume: www.digitalthrone.com

-Peaceful

Replies

• Synista
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synista polycounter lvl 18
    Good luck.

http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php...;gonew=1#UNREAD

3dbuzz' has some nice video tuts, especially for UVW mapping.
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    Great content as far as models go, but to be usefull at all in the industry you really need to be able to paint your textures. Unwrapping is a must of course. Even knowing a good bit about animation will help you in the long run too. Being well rounded and yet specialized is what people like to work with in my experiance. smile.gif Good luck on the interview, put some thumbnails up! wink.gif
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    great work! Man if you could texture a fraction as good as those models I'd have no problem passing your portfolio on to my AD. Please keep us updated as you learn to texture. Start a WIP (work in progress) thread and I'm sure people will help you along the way. I know I would.

- BoBo
  • Todd Dinosaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Todd Dinosaur polycounter lvl 18
    I think your content is mighty nice. If you learn to texture well in a few days please tell us cause I've been doing it for 2 years now and I still need to get better. As far as webpages I don't like to scroll and I have to scroll for every image, so make your web page smaller. Also add some next and previous buttons for the images.
  • Peaceful Warrior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, thanks Bobo, that means alot coming from you. I'm hard at work looking for tutorials as we speak. Starting a wip is a good idea. I'll probably start one soon. Gotta figure out what to texture first. BTW I just saw the image of the cape on your site n30, that is badass wink.gif
  • Peaceful Warrior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thnx Dino, I dont really plan on nesicarily texturing well in a few days, only hoping to kick myself in the butt and get on with trying smile.gif
  • Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    post wires! might be useful (for me at least) smile.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great stuff I love it all!
    The site however needs some work, it would be nice if each sections (characters, lvl objects, vehichels ect) had its own splash page with thumbnails for each model in that section. Also a forward and back button scheme that lets you browse thru the images quickly without clickling on little numbered buttons. Also making everything fit within a 1024x768 space. For alot of the images I had to scroll down to see, then scroll back up to be able to click the next one. Most people run higher than 1024x758 but if you fit within that, no scrolling is needed. You also might want each image to be a link to the splash page so you can get back easier.

Really PhotoShop has some quick gallery websites you can toss together that might be a good referance layout wise. I don't suggest using them because they don't have that personalized feeling.

File / Automate / Web Photo Gallery

Its all minor stuff but I think it would help with the presentation of some truely awesome content!
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    yeah you really do need to learn UV mapping and texturing... you could be really badass.

cool models.