• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    No open wounds? No gore? No devious smile?

Awesome man, this looks amazing. I love the specular on her dress, and the light coming through her hair. The way you do the planes of light on faces is particularly appealing.

Will you have my babies?
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    good stuff, kill. but imo the upper half just doesn't compete with the middle on down; the chest and the dress have been resolved with authority and they look great.

the face just looks too blotchy and unresolved by comparison. a lot of the strokes in the region, especially over her left shoulder, just seem a lot more hesitant than your usual. i really like the ghostly backlighting coming out behind her hair though, that looks great.

what's strong is really strong, the dress pattern is really eye-catching... but the face needs to resolved with more conviction! i know joo can do better!
    aces in any case, kudos on being as productive as you continue to be. smile.gif every time i see you've posted something it makes me feel like a slob for not posting more. which is how i should feel!
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    I like the loose face and hair, I find the breast/dress area too clinical, especailly since the background is also so loose. Its probally best to go one way with a piece like this or the other, Great painterly work anyway ;D
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    sarah friend!!!
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    the main problem i'm having is remembering what sarah looks like and i've been trying to paint my muse from memory. obviously my usual uncertainties are at play within. i realise now that the more i pushed detail in the face, the further from her likeness i became, so i kept her blurry in a way. good eye gauss, jeez, you really know what the fuck you're talking about. holding this schema in my mind, i can definately see which areas are authoritive and which are uncertain - such as clevage. hmm.
    thanks for the comments guys.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    man, that dress is sex, I will have to steal it for 1 of my model for sure
    AHAHAHHA $$WIN$$

b1ll
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    HOLY CRAP UR FRIEND IS HOT... MMMMMM BOOBIES! FUCKING SWEEEEEEEEET!

/me DROOOOOL
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, I was thinking I was going to be the first person to mention Sarah's obviously alluring set of bewbies, but Big V. up there beat me to it.

I agree with Gauss as usual. And I want to have his babies.
    He said nearly exactly what I was going to type only much more eloquently.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Me like sarah, and her back lighting and angle wings or fairy wings that you made for her. Makes me wonder if mister killing likes sarah a little too. wink.gif

After a little more thought, on what areas you do have detail in, i'm now sure of it. the fact that you detailed her chest over her face means that you enjoy looking at her. The fact that the face is less detailed and blurry tells me that your haveing a hard time recreating the beauty that you saw when you were looking at her. Faces prove to be harder to make when we know the personality behind it.

but then again i could be wrong....
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    with boobs like that she can have my number! laugh.gif
    very mona lisa-esque.

I love the background.
  • Empty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Empty polycounter lvl 18
    Thats crazy man. How long did that take you anyways?

[EDIT] Sry
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Dannnggggggg I hope you get some after that masterpiece
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    matt, please refrain from recruiting in other peoples' pimp threads. just send a private message if you'd like to approach anyone about working on your mod.

kill: drawing from memory, huh? well then that explains any hesitancy. i do not envy your task, it's hard enough to get a likeness when the person's right in front of you smile.gif
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    it's good, but her neck seems too long to me...
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    very nice work smile.gif
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Looks pretty damn good. My eyes are drawn to he breast as they almost seem to lift off the canvas, er, screen. You should try to draw the focus back to her face, try to bring out her eyes, windows to the soul you know.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fucking awesome work kill, but i agree with gauss you should really refine the rest to the quality of the dress or the cleavage.