Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Our Title Announced

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Mangled Poly polycounter lvl 18
Heres the quick title of our game that has finally been announced. It is a quick year title between projects....
Not much to show screenshot wise in this post but there should be in next months game informer(hopefully)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/04/news_6121668.html

Replies

• lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Cool! Congratulations!
    I hope that the game will have a bit of the specific style of the characters and environments that the cartoon had. Didn't know that they are making a movie of it.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    SQEEL LIKE A GIRL!
    i looove aeon ...

lucky..
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Cool! Gotta cheer for the home teams. Aeon Flux better move like Bloodrayne, fer sure. And staring at a virtual recreation of Charlize Theron for a few months straight can't be all that painful.

Mangled, you should bring your behind to Sketch Group!

/jzero
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    I totally love Aeon. Saw a movie poster for it too.

edit- I see now its based off the movie pics. (just went and had a first look a some pics from the movie)

anyways.. Its too bad its not stylized like the anime more.

• Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    The chick looks hot but levels could use some more color imho.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    And staring at a virtual recreation of Charlize Theron for a few months straight can't be all that painful.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a bad thing, but you begin to notice little things. Like now, I know which mole is where. Lots of little things that bug me now when I see 'beauty shots' of her, and I realize they're photoshopped.

As far as style, we're mixing the cartoon with the movie, so you'll see lot's of Chung's designs, especially in the characters.
  • Spinks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spinks polycounter lvl 18
    i gotta be honest.. i'm kinda sad that this isn't more like the animated series (as far as i can tell from the screenies) but i guess the big bucks is in movie spinoffs. try to cram as much chung style in this as you can, i'll be keeping an eye on this and cheering for you guys.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    weee I'm glad...
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    I second Spinks in that regard. Seems big IPs are driven by movie properties first, and everything else has to bend to that style. Sin City was redeeming though....too bad most people will hate it.

I thought Charlize, while a great actress, was a horrible choice for Aeon. Shes hot, no doubt, but shes sooo healthy. Wheres an anorexic acrobat when you need one?

Ok, I'm done ranting. Hopefully the game play is reminiscent of the original series. I really liked the play style of Heavy Metal FAKK 2, seems that this would lend itself to that style well.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Dabu, Charlize might actually make a better Aeon than you think, she has a deceptive lack of curves...

Stylistically it can't be like Chung's work because everyone would have to be seven feet tall and weigh 120# tops... But maybe Charlize and the male lead will do one of those trademark Aeon so-long-and-drawn-out-its-nasty tongue kisses. Here's hopin!

Mangled, be sure that if the nasty tongue kiss isn't in the movie, it at least makes it into the game? Okay? You're in charge, right? wink.gif

/jzero
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I'm kinda disappointed as well that the game is following the more realistic approach rather than the style of the cartoon as well. Congratulations, though. I hope it kicks ass and does well for you guys.
  • Eli_Heuer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eli_Heuer polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats on the game.

But I have to agree. A game done in the style of the animations would be amazing. Could they maybe model a few characters in the style of the cartoon and throw them in as unlockables or something?

I’ll probably end up playing this anyway because I love Aeon Flux.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I've been waiting so long for an Aeon Flux game!! I was banned from watching MTV as a teenager when my mom saw me watching it... but she was too late! It already twisted my young impressionable mind!