thx

see you all

essai01.jpgessai02.jpgessai03.jpgessai04.jpg

Replies

• MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    I've seen this somewhere before.... why does this look so familiar to me? did you post this once before? or am i just crazy.

this is decent for an early model, i can tell you're trying to address the muscle structure in the texture. My only crit would be to plan out your model a bit better, try to imagine the bones lying underneith, then the muscle, then the skin. He has little to no jaw defenition in the model, which makes it feel like if i punched him his entire muzzle area would just break off.

That being said, I think you should consider this character finished, and move on to the next project keeping that structural mindset. I often tell people to model 5 or 6 humanoid forms just because each time you start the process over, you improve a bit. You've got a good start here.
  • genzo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    genzo polycounter lvl 18
    i actually post it two or three weeks ago but there wasn't any texture, i just had the modelisation

so you're not crazy :d

but i can't stop it and go to another one cause my teacher want us to make a really good one so i have to continue it a little but thx for answering so positif wink.gif i will put my work again at the end of the job

see you
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Etienne polycounter lvl 18
    The textures are a little too bland... Continue working on the textures. Add scales or something like that... the skin is too smooth to be "human".

Etienne
  • thinsoldier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thinsoldier polycounter lvl 18
    Do you have to stick to plain image maps or can you use procedural textures in your 3d app?

I once made a very very crap-tastic lizard man but the slimy speckled phong-e shader I put on it made a world of difference.

I think I still have a wip screenshot of somewhere.

yip, foud it. See, with some slime and a bit of bump you can get a nice look over a very simple texture.
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/7214880/

gork_progress_may_12.jpg
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Etienne polycounter lvl 18
    Shaders can help a lot. But the game has to be able to do the same in the materials.

Etienne