Home General Discussion

Daylight Savings!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
[03:16:43] <EarthQuake> did my clock change?

n00b

Replies

• Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    This is so stupid. How many farmers and their kids need the extra daylight anymore to get the chores done and the crops in? None that's who!

Arizona and Indiana are very forward in their thinking!
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    It helps to save electricy.
    Anyways here they got rid of it and then introduced it again after few years, cant remember why.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    This is so stupid. How many farmers and their kids need the extra daylight anymore to get the chores done and the crops in? None that's who!

[/ QUOTE ]

Try coming to PA, where farming is still plentiful! Seriously though, sometimes, the kids will drive tractors to school because they have to wake up and do farmwork before school. Plus there's also that whole Amish country.Haha
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    What the hell is this crap?!? I've lived in Arizona all my life, so I never had to deal with this BS. So did I just lose an hour of sleep? Maybe I should ignore this time crap, and just go into work an hour early.. or is is an hour late. ?
  • TNSLB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TNSLB polycounter lvl 18
    Apparently, doing this also reduces car accidents ..I read an editorial thing about it the other day...there was a lot of reasons besides the energy saving.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    I get home from work at 6:30 pm. If it weren't for daylight savings, I'd never get any Spring yardwork done. All you guys who get angry about it for two whole weekends a year, get over yourselves. You probably hate Leap Year, too.

/jzero
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    Sweet, I was an hour late for work frown.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Personally I don't notice the difference! You get used to it after, oh... an hour.
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I get home from work at 6:30 pm. If it weren't for daylight savings, I'd never get any Spring yardwork done. All you guys who get angry about it for two whole weekends a year, get over yourselves. You probably hate Leap Year, too.

/jzero

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude! That is what weekends are for!

I will remain angry, thanks.