Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

and another website...

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
Just like buses eh?....

My personal site, still under construction - so a few dead links (tutorials/contact details and such) - and I've got lots more 3d content to add.

I'm not going for a focussed portfolio site, but more of a 'range of ability' kinda thing. I'll build focussed subpages as the need arises (say for a particular potential employer). Please rip it up!

www.gmanx.com

Replies

• shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    good website, i liked the design its easy for the eyes and practical to get around
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18

Some good stuff, the vehicle designs are rendered nicely. Only thing I don't like is the yellow lines, a bit of black in there would be nicer imo smile.gif
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    It's very nice indeed.

Alex
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    Thanks guys, IMO simple is best...and I'm very simple when it comes to web authoring!
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty good site overall, but I can offer you a couple of observations right off the bat. Please keep in mind that I'm pretty 'art-school' about my critiques, so I'm trying to offer constructive tips, not hurt your feelings.

First of all, the yellow and green color scheme is too saturated, from the logo to the side navigation. The overall colors get to be kind of aggravating to the eye, and you should think about toning them down to something more subdued. The addition of magenta in your logotype gets to be more annoying every time I look at it, especially with that vibrant green on the left. It's all just too complementary -- in the sense of opposite colors, not like something that helps. I tend to get oversaturated with my strong colors, too, but you need to stay away from the 'eleven' setting on the RBG slider, dude!

I have to also point out that the placement of your site links across the top threw me a bit. I though they were category labels at first, but then I realized they linked away from your site. It's a pretty sound principle of web poertfolio design is to keep links that go off your site as far away from your artwork as possible! Don't want anyone accidentally getting knocked over to Polycount when they wanted to go to your 2D section. They might even find someone at PC that they like better than you! Don't give them the chance! Put all those links on a separate page at the bottom of your left-side nav.

Keep crankin'!

/jzero