Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Spec-Ops Revisited

motives
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
motives polycounter lvl 18
some might remember a crappy SAS-type character i posted few weeks ago. I wasnt at all happy with the model when lookin at it now so i decided to have another wack at it.

Originally i did not intend to pimp this one but i feel like something is a lil off and i have stared myself blind looking at it. some fresh input would be nice.

spec-ops.jpg

currently at 3500 polys. It should be noted that this guy isnt supposed to be "SAS" but more your generic "spec-ops, secretbutdeadly" guy

Replies

• Spinks
    Offline / Send Message
    Spinks polycounter lvl 18
    i dunno.. i get the impression his vest is on backwards with no detail on the front and the radio on the back like that... maybe add some pockets or a nade or something so it doesnt look like he was in a hurry to get to work that morning.

the head is bothering me a bit too, even with a hood on i dont think it should be that wide in frontview. helmet looks a bit squashed, not deep enough.

his boots look a bit flat, if theyre supposed to be lighweight try making them follow the shape of the foot a bit more.
  • motives
    Offline / Send Message
    tnxs for the comments.. I followed your suggestion on the vest and the neck, added some pockets and took some width off the neck

spec-ops2.jpg

also got a gasmask on him (will be optional heads eventually) Turned out at 3700 polys.

Now gettin ready to unwrap this sucker.
  • RageUnleashed
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    Nice, I likey. I'd say it's good to go (because it is) but I'll throw some ideas in anyways, here's some references of SAS (ok so they're action figures, but well done and the page has nice turnarounds of em):
    http://www.ne.jp/asahi/kaz/custom/GALLERY/SAS/SAS.htm

Dunno if you were goin for an exact replica of an SAS dude but that gives ya some good ideas about the overall shape of em. The gasmask/helmet and vest proportions on your model look a tad off compared to this one, perhaps less of a neck and a bunchier vest, and the hood gives a nice bit of extra bulk around the neck too. Just some ideas to ponder.
  • motives
    Offline / Send Message
    tnxs for the link rage. helpfull tho im not going for a exakt SAS, more a generic spec-ops. it will go into the ref folder smile.gif