mybaby_a.jpg
click for the concept

mybaby02.jpg

c&c welcome, thanks!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great concept, i dont think the model really does it justice but im sure it will with a good texture.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, this is looking cool.
    I'd recommend more polys in the shoulders for deformation.
    The fingers could do with fattening up a little (slap a Push modifier on them), to make them seem more babyish.
    It seems odd to me that the torso of the centipede part is wider in the front view than the side - I was under the impression they were roughly tubular?
    I kinda want to see you throw more polys at this in general... not sure why though. I think it's because it's in my nature to triangulate everything if it's going to be an in-game model, and use entirely quads if it's a high-poly mesh. What's your target polycount? I think it's fun if you select all the verts, hit Connect, then go around looking for places you could change the edge direction or amount of triangles in an area to represent the change in direction of the form with the least possible amount of polys.
    I guess it's kinda like life drawing where you emphasise changes in direction, if you think of a quick harsh-edged sketch as an analogy for a low poly model.
    Of course, quads are perfectly fine here. Just I'm seeing a sort of "grid" pattern to all the edges, which doesn't usually make me think "organic" ... more manufactured.
    Eh, I'm rambling.
    Looks good so far, keep it up. smile.gif

MoP
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    After meeting you at GDC, i have to ask, was that head from one of your baby pictures? Something about that hair, that just makes it look like you. I dont know...

oh yeah looks good, but really needs to be higher poly, rite now it looks like something out of A.M.'s alice and wonderland, just more freaky.
  • jdevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jdevin polycounter lvl 18
    Great concept, I really like the texture you gave the skin. And the face just rocks, very dark and sinister. The model doesn't give it justice. The head looks a bit thinner than in the concept. Maybe fatten it up a bit more? Can't wait to see him textured.
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    I would love to see the segemented body from the concept make it's way to the model. Sure, you could do it with textures, but it's just not the same. No idea what you target polycount is, but I think that you should at doing all 16 pairs of legs if you have the polys to spare.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    here is some more work on it. i added a mouth, i'm not wanting to go too high-poly, i'm axious to get texturing. i made some changes that were mentioned here, thanks guys.

mybaby04a.jpg mybaby05a.jpg
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    Omg win.
    U model this before me, U FOOL!! AHAH
    Nice dude, Dont listen to earthquake, ur model is getting prety close to what u have in mind.Im sure.

gimme a buzz on MSN, and Ill suggest u a few thingys I would change dudeee. But still YAY!

b1ll
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll, my msn messenger is being a dumb christian. ill talk to you later though wiNner, my internet connection has been acting up ever since i brought my box back from a lan party. i think i have a virus, hmm..
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    Well msn is going mad this week, not connecting, I HATE THIS INTERNET!

b1ll
  • -DN-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    -DN- polycounter lvl 18
    I think the mesh's head is taller and skinnier then the concept, more like a mad scientist kinda look than the chubby/childish look I get from the concept. hmm Im not sure, could just be that the mesh is missing a skin to soften up its edges and make it seem more fleshy round. anyways wierd as usual kp, If U ever make a completly normal model like the sims... then you will start scaring me wink.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    "centibaby, hurry down the chimney tonight..."

awesome concept. model isn't really standing out that much, but i'm sure once you get a texture on it'll really pop.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No, dont listen to b1ll! he is a tallentless hack. OMG LOLEZ =D
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    that is a nice giant dildo baby. Lots of shiny giant dildos.Umm Giggle snort snort*
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    very cool, I like how you used the cuts in the geometry and the smoothing groups to make it feel segmented.
  • graves
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    graves polycounter lvl 18
    I'm loving the concept. I can't wait to see this textured
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Concept is killer.

freaky, in current pose I get a vivid memory of the caterpillar in the Tool-Prison Sex vid when it wiggles it's legs.

Shud be fab if u get it textured up smile.gif
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    now centibaby, hurry down the chimney toniiight! grin.gif

*COUGH! COUGH!* whew! the DUST in this thread! *COUGH!!*

centibaby03b.jpg

centibaby03a.jpg

welp, i near finished this sucker tonight. need to clean up the textures and finish his teddy bear. fun concept.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks pretty good, i'de like to see some more texture and color in the flesh more like the concepts tho, the chest and arms look too smooth as it is now.
  • _Shimmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    wicked...

nice one. I like the face texture, though i would use a bit more contrast und ahrder color variation as you did on the concept.
    I would also light up the cheeks abit. The forehead is incredibly light while the face itself is too dark.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    rock on man
    really nice
    face colors = teh winz

i understand this is not finished,
    but not saying what is still left to do,
    ill just shoot out a few suggestions if you dont mind:

deeper values on the hands, let it be more prominant like the face a little.

predator pupils? ()

skin --> green insect transition isnt working to me. strong splatches of color, abrupt change, something more solid.

the "psychedelic" nature of his shells things is great, very nicely done, but i think a little too careful. i would make things pop out more, a lot more bald.

anyways, great stuff man.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    you've got all your own answers on how to bring up the texture properly right there in your concept smile.gif material indication, especially the transition from carapace to skin, overall 'feel', color choices on the head... stick closer to the concept and this little bastard will be done in no time. but you knew that. smile.gif
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here's an update, thanks for the comments and criticisms.
    centibaby04.jpg
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    What happened to the sexy red hair? Its not as freaky when i see the blonde babys face insted of your face as a baby.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thinking i'll do a second skin, black/red so i'll do a red head on that one.
  • Slainean
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slainean polycounter lvl 18
    Real nice concept. You did a great job of rendering the mouth, which was my favorite part of the concept.

I'd like to see a fleshier transition between the skin and the carapace on the back, if that makes any sense. Maybe the skin could bubble out a bit like his lips.

Anyway, it looks like a lot of rigging ahead of you, heh.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome dude. When you gonna do some high-poly lovin?
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    the concept still has a somewhat grittier appeal to it, I'm looking more at the actual centipede part of the character which seems somewhat unfinished in comparison to the flesh part now. The colour and definition is all layed out but i think it could benefit from a bit of gritty/rough texture like in the concept.