samuel02.jpg

cool.gif andriod rawks

Replies

• steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    badass
    i remember back in the day there was an ongoing metroid comic in a couple issues of nintendo power and there were other men wearing samus like suits but more bulkier and blue, very cool looking.
    oh because its android heh
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    A male samus.. Dunno why, but it sounds kind of sacreligious.

btw, andrew -> teh man
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    Due to the Japanese lack of genus (I think that the reason...), Samus is refered to as "he" in the first games' manual.

Very fancy concept, that spike in the front would be kickass in a melee, all he would have to bad is run straight forward.
  • usagi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    usagi polycounter lvl 18
    i think they referred to her as he in the manual so that it was still a surprise when at the end of the game it turned out samus was female

cool design, and yeah android rocks
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    Samus, from what I'm aware of, is the only non sexualized female main character in games today. That makes he even cooler.
  • cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    The guy's name was Armstrong Houston. His armor looked like Samus's but wasnt Chozo by design. You can actually find his corpse in Super Metroid right before the Eye Door that leads to Kraid.

http://www.classicgaming.com/mdb/sm/npcomics_3-1.jpg
  • Jerome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerome polycounter lvl 18
    well , imo it doesnt go with the style samus has. The spikes really dont look like they are from space pirates.
    I think his shoulders could have the large ball things.
    I think a male counter-part of samus would have long hair, (wheres a bounty hunter to go and get a hair cut smile.gif)

i like the bulkiness, easy to tell its a guy in there
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with the fact that the large spike on his chest, and then the face doesn't look the greatest...the grunge look you have on his face is a bit disturbing, i kinda agree that he should be a better looking guy

The huge sharp spike in the center just doesnt fit at all...it should come to a point, but not THAT drastic

Everything else i like, but i think, in order to make it more "specific" is the detail with the helmet, and other small designs in the armor...the faceplate that samus has is...sympathetic, neutral, and not intimidating...i think the guys faceplate should be a bit more harsh...maybe make it skinnier and have sharper points to it. Something else in the shape of the helmet, or whats on it can also be done to make it more masculine

As for the body details, im not really sure...the legs DEF look male, and the arms do too...i think the only thing needing change is the chest plate and armor on his back (but we cant see that anyway)
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    quick quick
    get b1ll!

model him for me and lets get things going?? already???
    like HELLO, bee-hatch

/EDIT

to the point though, because still,
    i love the style you have been growing
    really very nice
    its unique in all terms
    how your draw your faces, how you render,
    your choice of colors and subjects,
    the little sickness inside the personality of the people you draw,
    its the same thing.. its a little sickness in you
    and it really shines out
    keep it up man
  • hikagesan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hikagesan polycounter lvl 18
    i like the suit design a lot, keeps with the look of the original. i like the sharp points, makes the wearer seem liek a "hunter", something to be reckoned with. i do agree with darth though, the face looks like Sloth's, maybe a less sea sick look would be good.:)
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    Omfg! DAMN U, I have to model this LOL

Awsome. U ARE MAD
    b1lllll
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    Personally I agree with the spikier (is that a word? if not, I shall proclaim it one!) design elements. Personally I'm glad to see you throwing in some new design elements as a more masculine version of Samus's exact suit would just be a bland rehash.

My only slight concern with it is that the suit doesn't have a neck. THere's just a hole where the head comes out right at the jawline. Wouldn't that be restricting? especially when the helmet comes down below the jawline? Samus's suit allows for a bit of neck movement.
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    Should make the gun look more like a penis.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    steady:
    thanks for the comments, in regards to your edit, androids's mohawk and head scar did influence the face and name, but i didn't want the character to actually be andrew. the blue suit's shoulder and neck in cochtl's link is really badass look'n.

cochtl:
    sweet info, thanks for the link.

Jerome, DarthRevanII, hikagesan:
    thanks for the criticism and comments, guys. now i'd like to go change some things when i get home and maybe try and polish it up some more. i definately like the idea of a prettier, blonder head.

shotgun:
    aaahaha! $deja vu!$
    especially coming from you, your comments were very flattering, thanks.

BEZERKb1ll:
    do it $4tWIN!!!11223one!!$
    so you know though, i wanna rework parts, especially the head if by some miricle you actually do model this one, $HAHA!$ tongue.gif

RageUnleashed:
    thanks for your comments and criticism - i was going for football player proportions of sorts there :\

KMan:
    haha... ya ok.
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    Killing People: I'm sure someone mentioned this already but the front piece really reminds me of the flying bugs Samus encounters on Zebes. The ones that rise up out of the holes in twos before trying to hit her like mindless little cruse missiles. If that was your intent then it's an excellent tie in.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    I like it, but the design seems... awkward. It doesn't flow very well, and the shapes kind of all blend together. I think that somre more time spent on quick value studies to get some more pleasing shapes would be a good idea. The legs are particularly lacklustre, and the upper arms looks like a jumble of random shapes.

I dig the rendering, I just think the design itself could use some work.
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
    awesome man! great improvement...though i think the glass might be "too" thin now lol....would you be able to put the helmet on just as a stand in so i can see what it looks like? Or i can edit it in photoshop myself and see, but im pretty tired ATM

Although i love exactly how it looks....poop has a point
  • LiveWire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LiveWire polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Samus, from what I'm aware of, is the only non sexualized female main character in games today. That makes he even cooler.

[/ QUOTE ]

except in zero mission. that game makes her look like a barbie doll (and consiquented in ruining the ending of MP2 - the whole game looks realistic and then we get this stupid cartoon looking design at the end!! argh! at least the game was good.)

sorry about the off topicness - i'm a huge metroid fan, and a male samus does seem wrong. heh - you can block off the head and it's like "cool, samus... [scrolls up] ..oh my god it's a dude!" kinda scary.
    nice artwork though. i like it.
  • Jerome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerome polycounter lvl 18
    ahh, i still dont like the spike, try making it conform in a way to his 'pecs' and imo his head is now too weak.
    strong men like arnold have beefy necks. Your first head was better in capturing the manliness, but went overboard with the super scarred indian warrior look.
  • -DN-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    -DN- polycounter lvl 18
    am I the only one that see's a wierd chicken/rooster thing going on with the chest piece? I guess its like looking at clouds and see'n totaly diffrent things but thats what I see :\