Home General Discussion

new Quake3 models ?

KOm4
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
KOm4 polycounter lvl 18
Why has Polycount none new Quake 3 models anymore ?

Replies

• Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    people have to make and submit new models for them to be posted. new games have also been released since then that allow more flexibility in design, larger polycounts, larger/more textures and ease of getting the models into the game.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    WERD.....it's seems the trend is UT004 these days. smirk.gif
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Should be seeing HL2 models soon.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    People are still submitting HL1 and Q3 models, its just that nobody bothers to post them.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    more to the point, why is the news about models that are on the bottom of the right-hand side bar and have been there for the last 6 months or so?
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually these "news" are there so these models get a proper funeral from the sidebar or something (they are posted when the models get removed). I asked about that ("Why are you posting them as news when they're years old by now? If you post 'em as news people think they were recently added and get confused.") and got this reply from r13:

[ QUOTE ]
    ahh, so you're rather we didnt do anything at this point. nice.

don't be such an anal twat.

[/ QUOTE ]
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    well, call me anal if you like, but i woulda thought it'd make more sense to post news when they're added on the sidebar...
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    more to the point, why don't you two anal twats stay on topic and discuss the lack of q3 models. If you don't like the news, don't read it. tongue.gif

I would LOVE to make a Q3 character, because I've tried it years ago and it isn't that difficult. But, I don't use Max or Milkshape, and I really don't care to anymore. I've been looking around for the possibility of an MD3 exporter for XSI. I'd almost be willing to pay someone to create it. I've submitted some models to Quake3 mods, but they still haven't been placed in game.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hm, let's see if I can get that md3 exporter for Blender to export playermodels... I should really try animating again.

And as for nobody making Q3 characters anymore, there are still three in the queue, one even just submitted.
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe that can be a new competion, make a Q3 character under 1500 polys or something. Should be fun.
This discussion has been closed.