Home Technical Talk

UT2k4, Model Does Not Show in Char Select Screen

Dio
Dio
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Dio polycounter lvl 18
I have created a character, animated him, and got him into UT2k4 easy enough. Everything works in-game; animations, textures, team colors, and Bio-Text operate as intended. Only issue is that the model is not visibly present in the 3-D view when selecting the character as the user avatar. The icon pic shows fine but no 3-d.
Max 6 was used to model/animate. The bones are somewhat complex to control separate elements in the mesh, i.e. hat and sidearms. There is a single texture, no seperate face maps.
Much appreciation for any who post.
p.s. There ought to be a technical forum, this post is as much tech as 3d.

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    (2d/3d also applies to the technical side of modeling)

Perhaps your char select anim (don't ask me which one that is) is too far away from the origin or something? All I an think of is the model being outside the FOV of the preview window.
    Does the log show anything?
  • Dio
    Offline / Send Message
    Dio polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the reply.
    I believe the Char Select Anim is Idle_Rest. Ive narrowed it down to the point I doubt it is the Anim positioning. I switched the animation to one of the default UT animation sets and no change. Ive also done the inverse, linked my animation to a UT character and it has no effect on the avatar preview.
    Im not familiar with the log? Where is it, its name, what am I looking for?
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
  • Dio
    Offline / Send Message
    Dio polycounter lvl 18
    Wish I had known about that log sooner. Thanks, found and resolved the issue. I had no facemap text in my .upl. I didnt use one, so I put in the body map name again.

Thanks