Home General Discussion

weekly challanges

tpe
tpe
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
tpe polycounter lvl 18
Hmnn not sure where to post this, here or in the challange forum, but the stuff that is comming out of those challanges deservers some widespread praise.

Basically its great to see so many nice things comming out of it. I was wondering what is going to happen to all the meshes and textures, they could be really usefull to someone putting a game together. Are you guys going to try and outcompete turbo squid with your collections, or are some of you going to make them freely available or do we just get to look at how pretty they are?

Whatever its grat stuff and well done all.

tpe

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    i'm thinking of removing "licensed" likenesses of some of my gargoyles and gpl the meshes for any gpl project use, i'm already doing that with my new gargoyle game project (all will be original stuff) and Open Arena. I'll donate to fga if they have a promising model database system and forum unlike the manually updated by email FGA they had years ago.

Or how about we have a "Free arts" section on polycount's page :P
  • JKMakowka
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Well, I don't think we really need a forum on FGA (but we could easily set one up), and we actually have a really nice model database system, but due to at least some sort of rudimentary quality control, we still insist on having a moderator upload the content. But you can just sent me the stuff, I have moderator preveliges for the FGA database.