Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[HEAJ] UT 2k Elroth

KdS
KdS
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
KdS polycounter lvl 18
Hi people, We're back to show you our improvement, a bit of us already posted and your crits were very positive.

Hope my model will not be a shame in front of others.
For information, my model is 2800 triangles (3000-3500max was our budget)

Of course, any crits and advices are welcome.

Here is it smile.gif

Front.jpg

Others preview angles as links not to flood -.-

http://membres.lycos.fr/kerlhann/home/Ecole/UT_Screens/Persp.jpg

http://membres.lycos.fr/kerlhann/home/Ecole/UT_Screens/Side.jpg

Replies

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    looking goosd. bit messy around the knees though
  • KdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KdS polycounter lvl 18
    Yes it is but, I think I had no choices because the horn on the knee had to follow the bone of the leg, not the thigh one.

So I decided to over-modelize that area to avoid distorsions problems. I suppose there were others solutions, do not hesitate to tell how you'd have done it smile.gif

Edit: Forgot to say I started from that personal concept

WIP_UT2.jpg
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    The model is looking much better than the concept. I would work on the mesh flow, right now it's a bit messy and uneven. Try to get it spaced more evenly, and flowing better. It will only help you at the UV and animation stage.
  • KdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KdS polycounter lvl 18
    I complete the texturing, a few hours over it and it will be done, here is my WIP, C&C's are welcome ^^

A 512 and a 1024 map are used for the whole model

512.jpg

1024.jpg

Screen_WIP.jpg
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with poopsmith, the weakest part of this was the concept, you're a much better modeler than concept artist(well as far as I can see). Texture's ok, it's butt looks wrong and the whole thing looks grainy and low res.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    i think your overlay on the texture is too harsh, makes it seem noisy, when you put an overlay on take some time to work it in, and adjust it so it works with the painting underneath, instead of just floating over it
  • LiveWire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LiveWire polycounter lvl 18
    you need to work on your unwraps too - a LOT of empty space in there.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I disagree - the unwrap looks fine. It could be just a tad bit tighter, but the texel scale looks consistent.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think your texture is suffering a lot from painting shadows/highlights with black and white, the dodge/burn effect.
  • KdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KdS polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for your replies, it helps a lot as you can imagine smile.gif

Weiser_Cain: Yes, I'm the first to recognize it, I began modeling september 2003 but only drew with photoshop and painter in october 2004, I need work and experience smile.gif

For the grainy look of the skin, as you can see on the texture sheet, it is the impression I want to render.
    I suppose it is ruined by the low res impression. It is a 1024 map so I don't really understand why it looks this way. :/

Mojo2k: my overlay is just made of scratches and dirties, I don't know what you make reference to when you say harsh, noisy and floating, maybe you can give me more information about it for I'm sure it can help me

LiveWire/AstroZombie: thanks for your unwrap comments, I think you both are right.
    I mean, there's empty space, but I had no choice if I wanted my texel scale to fit right.

Earthquake: Yes I also think it looks too black and white but unfortunately, if I made my shadows turning into a dark red, I lost a lot of the muscles shapes.
    If anyone can tell the way he would have made it, I don't spit on tips smile.gif

Thx a lot again