Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Urban Artest Crit Please

Conceptmaker
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Conceptmaker polycounter lvl 18
Any comments, ideas, critisism for this piece would be most appreciated before I send this off to a company.

7000 max polys, 500k texture limit

render2.jpgrender3.jpg
render4.jpg
render5.jpg
render6.jpg

Replies

• Steakhouse
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    That's pretty damn good. Where are you at in your polys and texture space?
  • Conceptmaker
    Offline / Send Message
    6800tris, 465k, any ideas on more detail places?
  • EarthQuake
    Hey i think i remember brome doing this same art test a few months ago, is this for violition? Or was it some other company...
  • Bronco
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    LOL earthquake I was just gonna say the same thing....

I like the difference instyle as well from Adams,his was uch cleaner while yours is much grittier,Im thinking a murder scene from CSI:New York or soemthing.

I think you could do with sharpening up the wall textures some more,not too sure how you would go about doing that though...I just feel the outline of the bricks need more definition a sthey seem quite blurry.

Apart from that I really like it.

Good job

john
  • Conceptmaker
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea, Volition, anything I should know about them?
  • qubism
    Offline / Send Message
    qubism polycounter lvl 18
    i recommend making one material darker than the rest. and a fix point for the eye.
    atm its all one big value in brightness so it all melts to one together i think. something different than grey might be cool too. not sayin u should make it colorfull. just add some saturationand one two spots of color more.
  • lkraan
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    I like the mood and detail of the scene.

lol @ "non vegetarian food" sign smile.gif

Everything looks pretty used and dirty but the garbage can looks brand spanking new. I would add some dirt/scratches/rust to it.

The left side of the building (looking at the first screenshot) doesn't show any bricks but the brown/white texture. I think that I would like to see a bit of brick in that wall too like you did with the right side of the building (maybe less brick than that wall, but some).