Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

new models for reel

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Hi Bobby, welcome to the boards. Your car model looks great.

Couple quick things: all you have is models, no texturing, animation or any other diversity. People who can just model are a dime a dozen. Seriously consider expanding your skills for a fillable position. For example, learn to animate if you want to be a character artist.

Also, don't put your phone number right on the main page. I was going to call and tell you just to show how quickly annoying that can get.
  • c0nspire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0nspire polycounter lvl 18
    thanks, i dont want to be so much a character modeller, i would liek to be a car modeller or do other objects and stuff, perhaps weaponry or something

u mean phone number on my website? *shurg* lol nobody has called yet, and i dont mind ppl calling, i screen calls anyways, But if u want to pay the long distance charge, lol smile.gif

at this poit pretty much every model has been unwrapped, just none have been textured yet. after i ifinish the s15 and the nsx ill do that next smile.gif
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Fantastic, then definately A-Z a car model, as model, uv, texture and in put in in a game. UT2k4, GTA, or any whatever you prefer, there are tons of mod ready pc games. HR loves mod authors.
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    Nice stuff. Like cholden said, finish off what you got.

Only crit I can see the the gun, the opening for the barrel is on the low end which is odd.
    The gun reminds me of nixon's gun from the comic Hard Boiled.
  • c0nspire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    its actually the upsidedown 6 shooter from trigun, its the gun the main character uses smile.gif vash the stampede should bring up references.

ive brought some models into vice city, i am looking to do it again with the nsx. Altho ill probably do it with Need for Speed, i have some experience with Hot Pursuit 2 so thats a starting point for me smile.gif

any other games?? i own ut2k4 also, lookign to do that one.
  • c0nspire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • c0nspire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ttt, comments?
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    I really like how clean your geometry is on these. Very well organized.

Scott
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Great models, but I second and third what Cholden has said. Show you aren't just a one trick pony. Even as a car modeler, you are going to need to add high poly, and UV mapping to your arsenal. Even rough texturing skills will go a long way to show you can help out in multiple areas.
    I particularly like your self portrait model.