Gday, first post here at polycount.

Here are some models I recently made. c&c appreciated smile.gif

surferfront3yk.jpg

surferback9ty.jpg

surferfrontwire6ts.jpg

and knight dude.

knight8ks.jpg

knightback5hx.jpg

hopefully get round to texturing the knight guy.

Replies

• Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Welcome to Polycount!

Those models look great, you've got some nice edge flow going on and the mesh density seems good too. The thing that strikes me the most is the surfer guy's elbows are bent way too much upwards, like his arms are broken. I can't see anything wrong with the knight yet. Good job!
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The thing that strikes me the most is the surfer guy's elbows are bent way too much upwards, like his arms are broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I think on the first view it looks like that, but it is just an optical illusion because the arms are not strait, but bend forward from the ellbow on.

Really nice meshes, and great understanding of human anatomy (put nicly into "gamesize" polycounts).

Oh an welcome wink.gif
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    yeah I thought that at first, but I realised I can get my arms into that position. Will it make it easier to rig though?

The surfers calfs look a bit pointy to me but other than that I think these are great! I love the knights helmet shape
  • denz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    denz polycounter lvl 18
    cheers for the comments.

Bout the arm. yeah, the bicep is pointing a bit up. which is why you see some of the tricep from the front.

When I hold my own arm up, it feels more natural for the arm not to be 100% horizontal.

Not too sure if it is rigging friendly or not, should test that out heh.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    theres a lot of wasted polygons on the surfers neck, also his inner elbow has more detail than the outer elbow, which is basically the wrong wy of doing things... he needs more polys on the outside of any bendable area for it to deform properly.

nice work, you'll probably discover what works when you come to rig these, very quickly.
  • Bradfordart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bradfordart polycounter lvl 18
    Nice! But on the surfer dude, the mesh density seems to be uneven in the collar bone, bicept, and the shorts; could make for a funky situation when you pose/animate. I like the knight, looking forward to the texture.