Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

old bloke

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
danr interpolator
old.jpg

haven't done anything in photoshop for ages, so i was dicking about on an empty evening and came up with this old bloke. It's not of anyone, it's not for anything ... just bored. For what its worth. Blah

Replies

• Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    Very nice- I keep getting drawn by his shiny forehead, it's like an elaborate trap- you get drawn in, hypnotized by the shiny noggin, then he bites your head off....

Anyways, loving the moody lighting, really liking the skintones too- I think some slight hints of greens and blues around the eyesockets and lower half are needed. Apart from that, I like it.

How long did it take to make it?
  • GoK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GoK polycounter lvl 18
    Awsome work man... playing around always produces good results i find.. but man thats soo nice. Graet work.

Jody
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    Very nice lighting ... like chunky says, more tonal variation would help ... but it does have a certain hypnotic appeal. getting frawn into details.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    thanks - i'm glad you all picked up on what i was (sort of) trying to do while working this up : trying to create a subtle expression that hopefully becomes more apparent the more you look at it. There's not much exciting in a simple portrait, i suppose the dynamism comes from the little facets ...

i think the bug must have bitten me - i was at my wacom again tonight, working up another from-scratch-see-where-it-takes-me portrait. Not sure what it is yet, but i'll let you see it when i'm "done" ...