Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

What do u think is missing?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JesterBox polycounter lvl 18
The reason im posting this is because i wanted some feed back. Ive posted some concept art of a charecter im going to to for unreal2004. To me it seems like he's missing somthing espeacialy on the back. There are three things i was thinkin of there to. Oh and plz excuse me for the sloppyness of the drawing (there not even inked) but thier just sketch art. thnk u.
JesterBot1.jpgJesterBot2.jpgjesterbotoptions.jpg

Replies

• rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    sorry for being a pedant but I love that you used two different spellings of 'they're' and neither is right wink.gif

As for the sketch I personally don't think it needs something on his back, if it looks boring I'd just put some kind of detail into the texture there.
    Maybe pulling his upper body weight back a bit would fix your problem?

edit: yeah actually go the stuffed penguin smile.gif
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Go the stuffed penguin. You know you want to.
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    Jesters always seem to have a stick with a jester's head on it.

You could have two of them strapped to his back, one happy, one sad.

Or the penguin.
  • usagi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    usagi polycounter lvl 18
    tahts a pretty good idea, it could be a staff... and electric of course
  • GoK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GoK polycounter lvl 18
    My vote is with the "booster thin" (is that like waight watchers?) ?? or the stuffed penguin whatever! wink.gif

Jody
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JesterBox polycounter lvl 18
    well yea my grammer is that of a monkey. Anyway everyone seems to be going with the penguin i did like the suggestion bout the smily/happy face too. I didnt mean to make him lean so far forward but i had no eraser and i was to lazy to start over. But now im thinkin ill stik the penguin on the side of his hip and go with the booster *thing, sry bout that. i was thinkin of a color set mianly of like a burgundy red and a semi dark green. If u have any more suggestion id be happy to here them thx