Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Variag Foot Militia

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
Here's another model/texture I did for the Rome: Total War mod "The Fourth Age". The highest LOD (pictured here) is 570 polys, with the lowest LOD being around 150 polys. These are beauty renders I did for their forum, so ignore the cheesy wood stands wink.gif

r_ftmil1.jpg
r_ftmil2.jpg

Replies

• Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    sexy vass very sexy.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Dude that totally 110% blows.
  • Silva_Spoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Silva_Spoon polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you mean that in a good way.

I think its a great model has the illusion of a higher polycount than it does. Can I see the wireframe?
  • Herr-Maestro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Herr-Maestro polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you mean that in a good way.

I think its a great model has the illusion of a higher polycount than it does. Can I see the wireframe?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to concur here. This Model has excellent work with it, it reminds me of a few of my grandfather's handcarved Norse Viking soliders. Var's did a superuberleet job with this. I might go buy the game just to give the mod a shot if its gonna use models like this.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments all.

Adam is just being a punk, because I'm his boss laugh.gif

Here's a shot of the wireframe:

ftspr_wire.jpg
  • LordScottish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LordScottish polycounter lvl 18
    I didn't read the polycount first and I would never have though of it being that low, great poly usage Vassago. I dig the skinningjob too, especially the trousers and the cuirass are top notch
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    yeah when I first glanced at it I thought 'mhmm, pretty cool' but when I see the wires it hits home- awesome low poly work!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Cool stuff Vassago. Bobo's influence rubbing off on you, it seems! smile.gif
    His arms seem a tiny bit long... or maybe it's just because his hands look really small giving that effect.
    Also I think a few more folds painted on the cloth around the armpit and inner elbow area would carry off the clothing better. Also maybe some subtle trim around the cuffs and bottom of the robe would work well, to pick out the edges a little better, but on the whole it's very solid work.

Keep it up! smile.gif
  • Silva_Spoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Silva_Spoon polycounter lvl 18
    I notice that the wireframe you have presented is not exactly the same as the model first shown. Is this a different LOD? I was particularly interested in how you were able to create the frilly fabric above the boots and still stay at such a low polycount. Is the model shown first above 570 tris or is the model shown in wireframe below 570?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ack, you're right. Since the legs are 4 sided, the fur on the boots was only 32 tris. I ended up removing it though, because of design issues. With the fur on the bottms, it's around 600 tris, and 570 without it. That's the only differance on the mesh in the two shots.

Nice catch wink.gif
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    looks great V! My only crit would be that you could have saved 4 more polygons on the shield by deleting the corners, scaling up the middle diamond and rotating the UV's. smile.gif

These characters your doing are really looking great.

- BoBo
  • Soccerman18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soccerman18 polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work. The only suggestion I can think of is that if he's gonna have his arms down most of the time, would be to add a little more uv space to the shoulders so the texture doesn't stretch as much.