Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

just another low detailed head.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
John Warner polycounter lvl 18
hey folks. i figgured i'd post this just for the hell of it, i certainly don't expect to get any responces hehehe.

nothing much to say. i set out to do a video tutorial last night and it kinda went south, so i canceled half way through, but still came up with this. not sure how long it took me.. not too long, tho. anyway, i've been meaning to do a tut for a while so maybe i'll do one again tonight.

here it is. nothing like what pior's pumping out, hehe but none the less:

garbage.jpg

Replies

• Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    None the less, the topology is pretty decent... not much aof a fan of the proportions , but thats personal preference smile.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    You really need to start doing some localized edge loops. Mainly around the mouth corners, and the eye corners. It's so flat and detail less in those areas, it isn't selling the head as a realistic head, and even if that isn't what you are going for, you should still have them and stylize those areas as well. Don't be a slave to the edge loops that go all the way around the head. I see you have some triangles at the top of the scull, but I'm talking about within the face elements.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    poop- thanks for the ideas man smile.gif yah, i'd usulay go in and add detail, but like i said, this was more of a speed model than anything. if it was a serious model i'd spend more time with things like detial and proportions. i wasn't even going to bother and post this, but i thought, what the hell. either way, you're definately right, there's no question. thanks!