Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio updated, please look

dabu
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
dabu polycounter lvl 18
Hey guys,

I updated my site today, and got everything ready for GDC. Please take a look and tell me what you think. I want to get a job with this site.

www.dabudesign.com

Thanks a ton for the feedback and support, it is deeply appreciated.

edit-if you've already looked at my site, you will need to empty your browser cache to see the changes. +)

Replies

• Bradfordart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bradfordart polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work, I really like you're layout and overall presentation. I'm usually not a fan of flash portfolio, but you have pulled it off well by keeping it simple. Only crits I can muster would be to make you're hi-res images more accessible (links to jpegs rather than zips), and you're details on the models typed bigger. Great work overall, good luck in you're search!
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks Brad. you're right about making the hi res images more accessible, I need to figure out a way to incorporate them in an elegant way. Hmmm.
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    I like it, my major issue is that the gallery really shouldn't have to load that much files at once. Linking them to regular images would makes things a lot quicker.
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah its like almost a meg for the game stuff. Hopefully I can get it down to around 700k. Would I still be able to have the stuff load in all fancy like if the jpegs had to load separately? Let the tweaking begin...
  • alkhobarspecial
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alkhobarspecial polycounter lvl 18
    i think your stuff looks nice. i agree with whats been said about the loading and making hi res shots more accesible. also one question. like the zim designs as well. all though dont know how they connect with the shows the flyers are for.