Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First High Poly model. Orcish head

Lord Killmore
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lord Killmore polycounter lvl 18
well here´s my 1. attempt at some high poly modelling
i dont think its goot and it still need a LOT of detail

modelled by the refs from: http://www.0nd.org/tutorials/3d_orc_modeling/blueprint_setting_1.htm *note i only used the ref not the tutorial there*

but enough talking . here ya go :

orcrender6wz.th.jpg

orcrender28iw.th.jpg

orcrender33yr.th.jpg

C&C needed ^^

Replies

• StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    The model suffers from the same problems that other 'first hipoly-head model' thread did. It needs corrections, not yet more details.
    Bad references = bad model. The sketch tells you were to place the lips, nostrils and general dimensions to go with, but you can't see from it how lips usually should look, or cheecks, nostrils, eyes etc. It's a horrible sketch to model anything from and the model in the tutorial suffers from the same problem (and a lot more other problems).

Unless you're experienced enough and have build enough heads to be able to make its features look natural, i'd make sure to have some photo reference very close, it's the best way to see and learn how features need to look. Human features translate nicely into Orc features, and there's always LoTR Orcs, which seems to be what the original sketch is trying to mimic.