Home Technical Talk

Snapping in max 7

tpe
tpe
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
tpe polycounter lvl 18
We have just gone to max 7 and i was wondering if the snap constraints is broken or if i am just missing a new feature of the improved snapping? I can snap using constraints on x and y but when i try in z it does not move (or if it does it is only very little. Any ideas?

thanks

tpe

Replies

• oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I >>just<< had the same problem

Open the constraints axis dialog (right click in the main toolbar to select it). Make sure the "Snap use axis constraints" is off.
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    but i want it to use the axis constraints frown.gif on the z axis, sniff, it works on the other two, and it was something i used all the time in 5.1, sniff

tpe
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe the Transform Center flyout needs to be "Use Selection Center" like it does in 5.1?
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    Many thanks smile.gif to you both, it was just a way i was used to working in 5.1 that allowed me to transform on an axis without having to select the whole mesh etc (for somereason our exporter sometimes misses things like translation unless they are in subobject, bla bla bla... I am beginning to understand why people have difficulty switching to max, on each upgrade there are so many new quirks that need to be worked around, the whole office has been going mad due to this last upgrade, but noone notices how much they have changed their way of working to deal with the last set of quirks and that after a few weeks they will be back to not noticing any problems, and just not transforming on the z axis without having to click on the mesh first, ho hum.

tpe