Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Vulture Sniper WIP

schlumpy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
schlumpy polycounter lvl 18
I started this model last week. I’ve spent about 7-8 hrs on it. I still need to work on his jetpack. He is 2800 polys at the moment. I’m giving myself a budget of 3000. Any Comments on the drawing or model?

Background
He is a Vulture Sniper. He spends most of his time on high rocky out cropping in the desert, looking out for vulnerable targets. When he sees one, he will either wait for them to die or give them assistant to the after life. Then he will use his jetpack to fly down to collect any valuables or food, and return to his lookout.

Schlumpy
Vulture-Sniper-Concept.jpg
Vulture-Sniper-WIP.jpg

Replies

• johnwoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    johnwoo polycounter lvl 18
    Hey schlumpy..I like where your heading with this, but I'm concerned about all the crucial areas of deformation on this mesh, it looks as tho' you will end up with a lot of polygon clipping due to the lack of strategic placing of edges for deformation...I would strongly suggest looking at areas like the neck, shoulder, torso, pelvis, knee and ankle areas..cos' if they're not looked at presuming you are going to rig and weight this character, you are going to run into quite a few problems...aside from that it's a very interesting and stylised piece of artwork... smile.gif
  • Badge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Badge polycounter lvl 18
    yes very stylish, im liking it. suprisingly low poly too.

i notice the arms and legs differ from the concept page. and yea, check the clippin in that beast so you can get it textured wink.gif
  • usagi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    usagi polycounter lvl 18
    i love this. so awesome. my only crit is that i think he shouldnt be so symmetrical, change the armour a bit on one side to make it look less its thrown together, more scavenger like.
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    Great lookin stuff. In terms of design, I would give his helmet a stylized beak, to go along with the whole vulture look.
  • cold_electric
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cold_electric polycounter lvl 18
    It looks like a fursuiter. =P
  • schlumpy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    schlumpy polycounter lvl 18
    Vulture-Sniper-Skin.jpg
    Vulture-Sniper-Unwrap.jpg
    Spent today unwrapping this guy and cleaning up the mesh. Also start to do a little texturing. I think the mesh is done now. I have reached my 3k budget and have added all detail that I wanted. Now time to see how well I can texture.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Johnwoo; I did kind of forget about deformations zones. I’ve now add more verts around the knees and shoulders. I also lowered the height of the metal plates on his legs to allow for more movement.

Usagi; I’ve added a diagonal strap and different sized bags on each side. There is also a pistol holster build into his right armed plate on his thigh

RageUnleashed; Now has a larger beak.
  • usagi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    usagi polycounter lvl 18
    cool, i cant wait to see it finished