Bronco polycounter lvl 18
Got my space,weeeee!!!

john

Replies

• Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok here is my buety,the tortoise mobile...its abit on the slow side smile.gif...I hope ya can see Dr Seuss influences.

3200 polygons

I would post wireframes but I seem to have forgotten how to make the wireframe over the top....erm any advise?

drsusseWIP1.jpg

drsusseWIP.jpg

hope you dig...so far!

john
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    that is interesting. I'm guessing those are balloons at the end. what's on the umbrella?
  • usagi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    usagi polycounter lvl 18
    clone>push modifier, idjit wink.gif

lookin good man, adn yeah, what is that thing on the umbrella?
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the comments,the thing on the umbrella is just the spike ya normally find on the top of an umbrella generally.

Glad ya dig

john
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok,a slight problem,how exacly do i go about mapping that curvious horn?

Any advise much appreciated smile.gif

john
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hehe. i know what you mean, and mine aren't as complex. I've been cylindrical mapping them in sections, and then stitching it back together.
  • usagi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    usagi polycounter lvl 18
    i think there was something in that popbot thread about spline mapping, maybe? that might help
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I'd cylindrical map in sections.
    Actually, maybe a better plan would be to select one long strip (from the thin end, round the curve, to the fat end), planar map that, do the same for all the strips, then use the Stitch Selected tool on the edges that match up, then run a UVW relax over it...
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Actually, maybe a better plan would be ...

[/ QUOTE ]

*bangs head against wall repeatedly* mad.gif
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thyanks for the advise guys...I think I sorted it,I split it up by detaching parts,the head of the horn,the bottom thin end and the curvy middle and went from there...got...the curvey bit pretty much goes round i na circle and look quite odd....hardest thing will be making sure seamlines arn't to ovious.

But im sure its soemthing ill be bale to chnage if I end up having probs....hopefully.

well acturally I might not get this finished on time...going to a mates 19th tomorrow night and going to town to by his birthday present with afew of the ladz...then sunday ive been asked to work 6 hours overtime,which im not looking forward to,proberly have 10-12 hours leaved development time if that. frown.gif

john
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Here's how I'd do it..... (just a quick mockup in Photoshop)

The fat end being the horn end...

hornmap.jpg

The seam'd be at the bottom of all the most visually obvious parts... anyway it'd be fairly easy to hide since i guess it's all a similar shade of brass or whatever. Easy to paint this shape.
    Apologies if this is already what you've got, or if you already have a better method smile.gif
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thats cool MOP...thanks man

Ill have a mess around,I decided to change it all again anyway..ill try your method,thanks man.

john