Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Elder Orc

jdevin
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
jdevin polycounter lvl 18
Just an old, blind, big sword toting orc. Not going to change the mesh much but I've only got about 4-5 hours into the texture and it needs a lot more love. Got an intuos 6x8 for my birthday and its been great fun playing around with it. He's weighing in at 3505 tris with a 512* rgba texture.

orcSmall.jpg
orcTexture.jpg

Replies

• Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Hmmm, I've seen that body mesh some where...

The model is really nice Jon. I would really try to push the skin more and put the glowing blue bits on at the end. It's real distracting from the skin. Keep up the good work though, glad to hear you got a tablet.
  • thinsoldier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thinsoldier polycounter lvl 18
    on the flat they blue bits look fine, but on the model itself, the 'glow' just makes them look like big pointless spray paint strokes. The symbols look cool but I think u should lose the glow so u can actually see the details of the symbols when applied to the model.
  • jdevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jdevin polycounter lvl 18
    jeffro: yeah this was the mesh that was used for the barbarian model. This is the model I made originally and it wasn't used for one of the projects so we cannibalised it, added new heads, and mit hands to make some quick barbarian gladiators. Started looking through old files yesterday and wanted to try a quick texture while adult swim was on. I'm practicing skins with the tablet to get a good, quick workflow down. Right now the glowing bits are just a layer with an outer glow so they are just sort of droppped on top.

ts: I backed off the glow and updated the texture. I dont like how it looks with no glow at all but I agree I had way too much before.

The sword and knife have a small env map on them. Mmmmmmmm. . . shiny.

New Screengrabs:
    orcwip2Small.jpg