Home General Discussion

Defining rape.

RageUnleashed
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
Ok we have a hypothetical situation, a couple, person A and person B (don't limit yourself to one person or the other being male or female, or perhaps they are both male or both female) are fooling around. A says to be "no" or some other indication to B to stop. B may slow down, or not acknowledge the sign at all, but the fooling around progresses. A continues, despite not feeling it is consensual, and lets B continue to do things to A. It leads to sexual intercourse, A may even enjoy it even, but still doesn't feel ok about it. Now, the only indication that A gave that A was not consenting of the intimacy was at the beginning, A gave no further indications that A felt wrong about it. Was this rape? Did B commit rape?

The strict definition of rape is that for one person it isn't consensual. But, is it not also a matter of communicating that one is not consenting? Certainly B should've stopped when A said no. But from then on A made no more indications that A was against the act of sex. A, might even have felt and expressed some enjoyment out of it, but in the end still felt it was against what A thought was right. Can A then level the charge of rape against B? A was letting B do things to A, other than the one sign of resistance. Was it A's resposibility to continue to resist if A felt it was wrong? Is being passive to the point of letting B do things to A and A showing no sign of resistance, a valid reason for B to feel that A is consenting?

Replies

• gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    Rage--any particular reason for bringing up this topic on this forum? looking for a lawyer? whatever the case (i'm pretty sure i don't want to know), this really isn't a subject that's going to bring out the best in anybody or their manners. how about slightly less weighty matters next time, like "i think samus aran is cute'.
This discussion has been closed.