Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

MacPan My first game

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
Ok, so I am creating my first game almost entirely by myself. I have a friend helping with the sound. I am doing the game design, scripting, and artwork for it. I am using GameMaker which is a 2d engine with a great toolset for dumb artists like myself, but deeper code support as you progress.

macpan_1.jpg

All the art is placeholder, and needs a lot of work. I am trying to get the initial scripting working so the game is playable. Right now I have player navigation set up the way I want, but the rats don't really do anything besides move from left to right.

I have the design doc up here if anyone wants to read. Sorry about the wordwrap not working in the txt file
http://www.poopinmymouth.com/wip/dd.txt

I will be updating as I make progress, and as soon as it is playable I will start including the game in my posts.

Replies

• Soccerman18
    Offline / Send Message
    Soccerman18 polycounter lvl 18
    looks really good. I think the blocks need somehting to make them look like there's somehting there, not just a change in texture, but as you said it's just placeholder so I'm sure it'll look great when it's done.

I did a Pac-Man game with AI for the ghosts. If you want I can type up a description of how I did it for you, but getting someone to move left, right, up, and down is fairly simple so I'm sure you can get it working great on your own.

Looking forward to seeing some more.
  • pseudoBug
    Offline / Send Message
    pseudoBug polycounter lvl 18
    Lookin pretty good so far, love the mac pan idea, keep us updated, gameplay is key as I'm sure you know.
    I've looked at the gamemaker site before, I think I even downloaded the program. Maybe I'll take a poke at it sometime.