Home Full time/Part time work

Needed:London Max Games Artist pt/spare time work

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
kunglao polycounter lvl 18
I am looking to pay an experienced 3D Max Game Artist £20 an hour for lessons on modelling,texturing characters for game platforms.I am familiar with 3D Max,but looking to learn up to date workflows. No preparation would be needed on your part,simply a demonstration of your daily technique and advice tips on my current wip. Hours can be arranged to suit,as little or as many as you like.I can travel within or around the London area.I live in Snaresbrook,London
Contact paulkelley69@tiscali.co.uk

Replies

• Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    hey Paul

Welcome to Polycount!!

Its damn hard finding triaing courses for max that don't involve a long term course or going to collge or university,I know and im trying to find alternatives to that.

But I have 2 links taht might intrest you.

http://www.central-uk.com

The guy that runs these course is a really nice guy and the course(s) he runs are really very good,if on the Exspensive side (around 400-500quid a time for 2-3 days intensive max trainning).But they have helped me a hellova lot.

The second one is these guys:-
    http://www.metronewmedia.com

Ive not been on any of these courses as they seemed to be structured the same sort of way as UK central so ive really had no need to go on one,but they are in London as opposed to warwick so might be worth a look.

Hope this helps

john
  • kunglao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks Bronco,in actual fact i did the metro new media video game course,it was 2-3 days and did learn quite a bit but it wasnt all to do with videogames.a girl there was using it for fashion design,couple of guys animation all in all a mixed class.What i am looking for is a character artist that can critic my work(which i feel is at a pretty good standard),show me things that i did wrong and better use of polys to new techniques,industry tips,new texturing features like normal mapping etc.Basically i have a list of things id like to know.I am looking for a career in the games industry,entry level and cant afford to take a large chunk out of my time to attend college.I have done a couple of courses(albeit one of them distant learning) in the past
    thanks for your reply.please make a note of my email and let me know if you come up with anything
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey again kungleo

You sound like your in the same kind of position as me,self taught artist,going for the games industry having completed a couple of short sharp trainning courses and basically need a confidence boost and more direct help as to how to go about doing things.....familiar? smile.gif.

Anyway best advise I can give is to get on board here at Polycount,you can get all the advise you seek on these boards for free,also alot of the people here know what they are doing,many of them are industry proffesionals (most in charcter art as it happens) and from that you might be able to get some direct contacts from within the industry which would help you further.

Oh also this is a very close nit forum and the advise I get from here is great,but most of all don't be nervous about posting for help and advise,even about elementary things...

All we need is some pics of your work...wireframes,final renders and if possible textures post them up in the pimpin forum and let the polycounters give them a going over.;)

john
  • cep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cep polycounter lvl 18
    Personally, I don't think you need to pay for what you're looking for.

Bronco is 100% right.
  • kunglao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanx for the replys,gonna post my latest wip in pimpin and previews a day or 2 would appreciate your help
  • kunglao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sorry for the delay,gonna post wip tonight in pimpin/previews.bronco/cep appreciate your advice/critic as i am gonna also be adding some questions i hope you can assist with
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ill do my best,im not much of a charcter artist but il slee what I can do for you smile.gif

looking forward to seeing it..

john