Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Need Game Art- Models, Logos ect

Dave Roye
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Dave Roye polycounter lvl 18
I am currently developing an Open Source SDL, OpenGL game that will be runnable on all Operating Systems for CS 480G at Binghamton University. My art ability is pretty much Nill so I need a lot of help for my current game. The good news is this will not be vaporware because If I dont complete it I fail the class so it is a chance to get your name out there (admittedly to a small audience). My intentions for this game are eventually to use it to apply to Guildhall at SMU so good art would definately help.

Here is a link to the current design and such(website is fairly ugly and incomplete but bare with me ive been quite busy with the designs and skeleton code). To get a feel for the models I will need, read through the unit section of the design outline. If you are lazy then feel free to email me and I will give you a easier list. I would include it here but I am trying to avoid an overly long post.

Game Homepage

What I need done:
1) Logos for Title Screen, Icon Art(Think of clicking on a unit in Warcraft 3 and seeing an Icon in the bottom)
2) Quake 3 models for chicken, cow, pig, horse, and possibly hero units of each.
3) 3d Studio Max models for buildings, trees, ect
4) Textures for grass, roads ect

The overall feel of the game will be one of humor, so I am looking for more of a cartoonish look, but making a few of the models appear dark but still funny is definately reasonable.

Here is a sample of a model which is something similar to what I am looking for.

Cow Quake 3

Chicken Model

I may try to use both of those but I am in desperate need of a pig and horse. And I would like to give one person credit for a majority of the art rather then picking and choosing and emailing many artist to make sure I have permission. Sorry for the long read and if you are interested in helping please email me at dtroye@gmail.com

Some other things I should mention. I would need this work completed by the end of March, or early April at the latest. Right now the position will be unpaid but I may consider something very small like a 100 dollars(no book for class so book money) but being a college student I am far from rolling in money. Also this game is completely open source meaning all your art can be reused(with permission of course) by other people and you will make no money from game sales ect.

Thanks for your time,
Dave Roye

Replies

• Herr-Maestro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Herr-Maestro polycounter lvl 18
    Wha? You're trying to try to recreate Animal Farm witha WarFare feel to it? Who's the Enemy going to be? Adolph Oinker? @_@;; I hope it makes a hit Good luck with it, sounds comical hope you get what ya need.
  • Dave Roye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha its more like Warcraft 3 with animals. The basic story is the government dropped nuclear waste around some farmland, the farmers were mutated and then created mutated animals to fight. You should see my hero units.. One is a pig named bacon with an area of effect flame throw attack. It should be fun and there should be a lot of strategy involved with unit management and how you mutate them. I must admit though the idea is a little out there...but hey we had a week to come up with our main idea then we had to jump right into the design.

At the moment I havent slept all night been trying to hammer out my screens, skeleton code, and charts for interaction between classes. I also need to refine by design the whole thing is due this friday so no sleep for me this week.

Come on modelers! Help me out!

Even worse is I have no sound guys as well. You should see me with my microphone trying to get a decent moo down. Not sleeping helps that one quiiite a bit.

Dave
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    If you're at school, I'll bet you could find some willing artists with similar aspirations to help out.

/jzero
  • Herr-Maestro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave Roye, not to be rude or insultive but the title of the thread really lacks. Had the title been something along the lines of Say: "Animal Farm insparational RTS Engine/Gameplay" Postions for Team avlib.
    Looking for several key spots for people with the skills and motivation to assist and enjoy some good clean team work.

thats just me though.
  • Dave Roye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jzero- In terms of a graphical art program our school is kind of lacking but I have been looking around for some people who are doing it as hobbies.

Herr-Maestro- It's tough because since this is a University project I am afraid to get someone too involved with the project, due to the fact that I am not exactly sure how much we can have one person be involved. Because of this I tried to make the thread topic pretty specific on exactly what I needed but I think your right and I should have included a bit more. He has mentioned specifically though that we are coders and not modelers so we can ask for some help in that department. I have talked with the prof though and he will allow any old model to be used since he is more interested in our ability as a coder. So I think Im gonna let this thread die unless someone is really interested. But around may sometime I will be making version 2.0 of the game for resume/Guildhall and It may be easier to get modelers once they have a playable version of the game. My eventual hope is if I can create a game, make it open source and free, and have it be fun and look good then maybe I can bypass grad and go strait into the business.

Thanks for the advice though jzero and Herr-Maestro, It is much appreciated since this is the first time ive ever had to deal with something of this scale.

On a side note let me know if you would like me to post when I havea working version since I might need some testers to hammer out bugs or give suggestions. Thanks guys.

Dave
  • Herr-Maestro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No problems, let me know if there is anything I could maybe lend a hand in. My email should be in my profile. There are few other places you might want to consider as well.