Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Demon Rat WIP

buddikaman
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
buddikaman polycounter lvl 18
Been working on this off and on for a few weeks now, its getting there so i thought id see what everyone thought so far, i posted before and the legs sucked so i changed them, keep in mind this creature will walk on all 4's with his arms and upper body being the main focus of weight, also the spikes on bike were done fairly quickly i might change them around..

rat12uy.jpg

rat31md.jpg

-Buddikaman-

Replies

• rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    looking good man I like it! the upper arms look a little blocky to me, maybe smooth the sharper corners on em? I'm really feeling the demon vibe on this guy, but not sure what part of him is rat?
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Awesome man. I'm really diggin it. I love the proportions and the meshflow looks solid if a bit uneven. I would try to get a few more edges in his armpit area, but its nothing major. Now texture this jank!
  • buddikaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea well my texturing is sub par so i might hold off on texturing him, really this was just for practice, and i took a few peices from my other models and changed them up which is kind of cheesy and unporfessional i guess... the amount of tweaking to get him to look right is really annoying... maybe because i didnt have a good reference images, my planning isnt very great, i just have a basic idea of what i wanna do and hope it comes out cool...but yea it sucks not knowing how to texture very well, ill probably just throw this model aside and start a new one.. mad.gif

-Buddikaman-
  • melkior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melkior polycounter lvl 18
    its a great model but the resemblance to a rat is slim to..well you know the saying smile.gif
  • buddikaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heh alright maybe so, i woulda just put demon but theres another post called demon, so i changed it up a bit smirk.gif
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Looks a bit like El Chucacabra smile.gif

Very nice...I can see the "ratness" in him.