Home General Discussion

Coop'n RPG'n

ryan77
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ryan77 polycounter lvl 18
Well with the newer RPGs coming out me and my friends are trying to find a new one we could coop online with. So far we were looking at Guild Wars and Dungeon Siege 2. And well basically I wanted your guys thoughts on those two and other upcoming coop rpgs I am most likely unaware of. Like which ones you guys think will rawk and why.

I was looking forward to DS2 just because I loved the first one so much but also to Guild Wars because some of the Diablo dev team helped make that (right?).

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Guild Wars rocks my socks. I've only played in the two Open Beta Weekends, but they were great fun and had me glued to my monitor for the entire three days.

One thing i love about it is that height determines how far your arrows go and how much relative damage it does (taking into account the bow's stats and yours, of course). subtle things like that bring out a surprising amount of strategy when fighting.

Both times i was surprised by the amount of camraderie that developed between the various parties i joined. After going through a couple of the instanced levels (which are pretty big) i really felt like a 'party'... something that hasn't really happened to me in any other online game.

and you can't beat that price plan.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    i dunno honestly I think wow is tons better than GuildWars, but GW is free... oh well, I don't think its that big of a deal. GW is made by some of the D1/2s devs but its definitely not as cool as Diablo 2... I dunno I'd just play diablo 2, its still a good game, the graphics are still decent looking.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    ive been playing WoW, and i love it

guild wars rocks too, and is free monthly, so i'd try that out first.
  • ryan77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ryan77 polycounter lvl 18
    Yea basically we were looking for free ones. Did anyone ever get the ds2 beta? Because there was someone here looking for people to sign up and i never got it...
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    DS2 has been pushed back, so no beta yet. But it's looking cool. I should probably take some time off working on the cinematics and actually play the game.

Since Slayerjerman gets paid to play the game, he would be the guy to go to for news on how its shaping up. smile.gif
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    I get paid to gather logs and file issues against the game. Im probally the game's arch-nemsis right now.

And yea, DS2 is pretty heavily coop oriented.

BUY IT, BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT,BUY IT...

and tell your friends! wink.gif