Home General Discussion

Resurrection of Evil goes to HL2

tpe
tpe
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
tpe polycounter lvl 18
Sure everyone has seen the link on blues refereing to the Doom3 addon date but what made me laugh...

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050209/law068_1.html

was this...

"Players wage a brutal war against an army of new demons and zombies including Hell's own Hunters, while utilizing incredible new weapons like the physics defying "grabber" and the return of the classic double-barreled shotgun."

But even if they are "grabbing" for snowballs in HL2 i am going to get it wink.gif

tpe

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    According to a few people at iD they had the grabber in as a fun experiment during development but decided that it was too gimmicky and useless to be put into a serious game. That was long before there was talk about a gravity gun in HL2.
    Besides, the first gravity gun was long before HL2, a HL mod called Surprise had one, for example and I'm sure there were examples before that, perhaps dating back as far as Quake.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    BTB Airlines for Serious Sam: Second Encounter had physics and a manipulator laugh.gif

The first gravity gun was in ZERO WING, armed on a '' ZIG ''.

USE GRAVITY GUN. FOR GREAT JUSTICE
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    I would count the Force Grab in Jedi Knight 2 as a 'gravity gun', although I haven't played HL2. I loved the JK2 level where you have just gotten the skill, and suddenly there's a large chamber with a circular walkway, a crowd of Stormtroopers, and a looong drop. Coincidence?

/jzero
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    According to a few people at iD they had the grabber in as a fun experiment during development but decided that it was too gimmicky and useless to be put into a serious game.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif Hahahahaha!
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    I miss the quake 1 spikey grapple and latching onto an enemy.