Quasar polycounter lvl 19
Any thoughts about this? I think it's a little over the top grin.gif

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4685961/

Replies

• pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    I seen that a few years ago and they said it would be " the latest trend " !! I have never seen anyone with it to this day ...hmm..however it is kinda neat ..like any other body art/piercing it can look good on the right person anddone the right way ..
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Any thoughts about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the likelihood of my having this done is slightly more likely than me piercing my scrotum, which isn't very likely at all.

Also, it's pretty small (the eye thing, I mean), so you'd have to be pretty close to tell what it was. From a normal distance, it would probably just look like you got something stuck in your eye. I'm sure you'd constantly get comments like, "Oh my, it appears you have something stuck in your eye." No thanks.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    that's messed up.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    cool, but still something i dont think most 'normal' people would even remotely consider doing...
    so unfortunately a rather unique and interesting 'body mod' is going to become first a fad and then another 'extreme' thing for people obsessed with fubar'ing their body to do.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    couldn't that migrate over the pupil and, i don't know, blind you?

i was expecting a goldeneye type of thing when i opened this thread by the way.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I had seen a news special about this in september. American doctors refuse to do it, because it can lead to a serious eye infection and blindness because when something is caught in the eye, the eye trys to push it out. This thing is pretty much attached to the eye, so the eye can't push it out, but it wull buldge around the little peice of metal, and has a high risk of being cut, which will lead to an infection.

It seems like something pointless to me because it looks pretty dumb actually, I'd much rather have a stylised glass eye than a little peice of metal clinging to my eye. Though I know some people who want to get them, mostly females, because it's "Cute". Yeah, I bet it will be cute when your eye is bloodshot and all infected, haha.
  • Ctrl+Awesome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ctrl+Awesome polycounter lvl 18
    Thats just trying too hard. no thanks.

Doesn't look good anyway. Eyes in general are pretty awesome to look at on their own so why add more distraction to it?
    Just because it's new, unique or different doesnt mean it's always a good thing.
  • Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah I agree with you all. I hope it's just another fad that dies out like Pogs.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Or worse, it'll combine fads, and people will ask for Pogs to be inserted into their eyes...
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Hey man, pogs never died out! I still have a canister in my closet, and it contains some of the coolest slammers you'll ever see. There's one with a skull on it, and like, one with an eight-ball. Oh yeah, and there's one with a holographic yin-yang symbol. Ho man, it's flippin' sweet!
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    Oh ew.

I thought this was gonna be about those nose-bridge-piercing-mounted-glases... this is just "bleh"

Special Contacts are enough cool for me, thanks. Well, if I actually needed them anyway.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    cool! now i can get an eye implant to go along with my tounge splitting! wink.gif
  • usagi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    usagi polycounter lvl 18
    i think its really cool, but id wait 10 or 20 years to see the long term effects before id suggest anyone actually do it
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    ” Melles said. “So far we have not seen any side effects or complications and we don’t expect any in the future.”

Until you go blind 3 years later.

It won't happen in the US, because the lawyers would have a field day.